WD-40, duct tape and a big hammer will fix anything.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
WHAT!?.....NO BAILING WIRE??:laughing:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Vice Grips hold things together while the JB-Weld hardens.(then take them off)
How about Zip Ties ?
MUST have Crescent Wrench (for younger guys - adjustable wrench :biggrin:)

djrussell

Threads
It helps to go right to the source. :biggrin:

WD-40 Company and Product History

In 1953, a fledgling company called Rocket Chemical Company and its staff of three set out to create a line of rust-prevention solvents and degreasers for use in the aerospace industry, in a small lab in San Diego, California.

It took them 40 attempts to get the water displacing formula worked out. But they must have been really good, because the original secret formula for WD-40ョ謡hich stands for Water Displacement perfected on the 40th try擁s still in use today.

Convair, an aerospace contractor, first used WD-40 to protect the outer skin of the Atlas Missile from rust and corrosion. The product actually worked so well that several employees snuck some WD-40 cans out of the plant to use at home.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
:confused3:....how could i forget zip ties?!:laughing:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Vice Grips hold things together while the JB-Weld hardens.(then take them off)
What in the world are you fixing with JB weld and vice grips sheet metal? I have used it to tighten bearing races or as a filler. Sure is a good fix for thing I haven't tryed.

originalswampfox

Threads
They were originally called thumb wrenches(because we adjusted them with our thumb, for you younger guys a Crescent Wrench). One of the most important rules for a mechanic, "don't force it get a bigger hammer"

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
JB-Weld takes some time to harden completely - I've used Vice Grips, Tape, Zip Ties, Wire, rubber bands, ------ to hold parts together while the JB hardens. If you clean and scratch up the surface JB Weld will do wonders on MANY things !

What in the world are you fixing with JB weld and vice grips sheet metal? I have used it to tighten bearing races or as a filler. Sure is a good fix for thing I haven't tryed.

benski

Threads
One of the many uses for JB Weld that I just learned about is that you can use it for filling and smoothing items that you are going have powder coated.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
How about Zip Ties ?
MUST have Crescent Wrench (for younger guys - adjustable wrench :biggrin:)

For us OLD GUYS they are called a MONKEY WRENCH.....:laughing:

fastback

Threads
I believe that WD40 was originally created for the space program and as already said water drier 40th try. I use it when cutting aluminum on the lathe. I just reaized this was already said and a lot better I might add. I do know about hammers I must have 36 Claw hammers, brass hammers, lether hamme, lead hammers, ball peen hammers, nylon/rubber hammers, 5 pound hammers, several sledge hammers, engineers hammer, slide hammer, tack hammer.... Oh, super glue is good too.