US Steel Sold

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your right the government wastes a lot money on things where it can be better spent on needed things.

But as you probably know some people completely lose all common sense at times. I got one down the street at sends all his spare money to a political group instead fixing his roof. Right he got a lot loose tin on his roof that is just being held down by use tires. He think those millionaires are so broke that they need his pennies.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I owe no man anything. Only buy if I can afford it.

DK35vince

Threads
Everything I own is paid for.
Doesn't change the fact that our cost of living has went through the roof the past couple years.
Our gas here is still at 3.40/gal

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And it doesn't change the fact that is not just one fellow that is causing but the whole world of problems. When our state governments scares even the living hell out legal immigrates, to a point that they leave our country and then we have depend on the lazy American workers that refuses to work in the fields; prices are bound to go up and up as the farmers have to buy more expensive equipment to replace them or have to just let the crops lay in the fields and rot. Which did and does happen a lot. Then you got weather extremes also affecting the crops.

It is call supply and demand economy. Instead of the end users cutting down or downgrading a little they just keep living like there is no tomorrow. Once I start drawing my about $1000 per month SS it will feel like a small fortune as I have been living on $300 per month for several years now.

Personally those that paid over $1200 each just to watch a lighted ball drop in NYC are just plain crazy.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And just think three years ago we were facing 15% unemployment and a 200 % year over year deficit. Covid 19 was at its peak too. So are we better off than then and the answer is yes things have improved a lot.

DK35vince

Threads
Let me see if I got this right.
You claim to be living on $300 per month, the cost of living has increased 25-30% the past few years, but your better off ???
OK, sure

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your right the government wastes a lot money on things where it can be better spent on needed things.

Or better yet, simply not spent at all. We just reached $34 trillion national debt.

But as you probably know some people completely lose all common sense at times. I got one down the street at sends all his spare money to a political group instead fixing his roof. Right he got a lot loose tin on his roof that is just being held down by use tires. He think those millionaires are so broke that they need his pennies.

That's insane. It's like throwing money at a problem.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Or better yet, simply not spent at all. We just reached $34 trillion national debt.
Yes, I seen that figure yesterday. If I owed that kind of money they would be putting me at least 6 feet under the jail.
That's insane. It's like throwing money at a problem.
Now you get it as that is what the government does.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
We might be better off right now than 2 years ago, but We are not better off than 4 years ago.

And 4 years ago, we were worse off than 4 years prior to that. And 4 years prior to that. And so forth and so on, all the way back to George Washington days.

Once people realize that any president has very little to do with making the economy and gas prices better, the better we'll get a choosing a good president.
When Biden took office, the economic and oil bubble had already burst. That die had already been cast and there was no way to stop it.
When Trump took office, the bubble had already burst (during Obama) and we were in an economic recovery stage. That die was already cast as well. Regardless of who won the 2016 election, the economy was going to get better. Russia and Saudi's oil price war was happening. Cheap oil was starting to flood the market and the prices were coming down.

None of this was because of anything Trump did. Just like all the oil production that's going on right now in the US, (record levels) is of Biden's doing. But like Trump, Biden is going to try and take credit for it.