US Steel Sold

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just remember those that voted to send 79,000 new IRS agents after us...and don't believe they're going only after 'the rich'.
I know...those same people have other rationalizations why the 79,000 new agents are 'needed'.

Remember, its not your money...you didn't earn it.
There shouldn't be that many IRS agents. Much less new ones.

bluesky

Forum Newbie
Threads
I thought we were buying American when we bought our Dodge Ram truck. However, the tag on the door frame says "Made in Mexico".

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First the IRS can't correct a name on their system how do you expect them to do anything else.

And yes you be surprised were things are assembled.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just remember those that voted to send 79,000 new IRS agents after us...and don't believe they're going only after 'the rich'.
I know...those same people have other rationalizations why the 79,000 new agents are 'needed'.

Remember, its not your money...you didn't earn it.
The problems is electors like offical who stand on a podium and drop figures like
"Last year we issued 250,000,000 summons on tax cheats"
What they don't say is 249,999,950 were for late filings

The plain truth is the people fail to understand it can take years to bring a tax fraud case and then it can take a decade to get it through the courts by which time any funds that could have been recovered are gone .

As we are talking about Trump
2 different valuations on the Florida property
one at $ 18,000,000 as a private residence for the purpose of paying property tax
the other at $ 1,600,000,000 as a gentlemans club for the purpose of collateral for a loan .
So when the NY fraud case is closed the IRS case opens to decide what the property was actually used for and how much tax should have been paid on it .
Now the NY case has been running for 11 years and will finally be settled next week but the proposed $ 357,000,000 fine will not cover the actual cost of the investigations and bringing on the prosecution .
Down here the tax commissioner 2 previous got hammered for accepting a 10¢ in the $ out of court settlement on one of the biggest tax evasions in the country's history.
His justification , even if successful through the courts it would take at least 10 years and by the time a ruling was made the actual recovered amounts would be less than 6¢ in the $ and because they could not freeze all of the assets of associated entities they would be lucky to get that much .

SO it is much easier to fine me over incorrect deductions because I can not afford $ 100,000 / hr lawyers to get me off the hook for $ 5,000 and my assets are not in off shore bank accounts where the government can not access them . And do the same thing to another 1,000,000 and on paper the tax man is doing his job.

Another reason why tax on total turnover makes a lot more sense and is easier to enforce then tax on profits .
And this is every business , company, partnership , church , NPO's everything
Then those who genuinely need tax relief can get grants at the end of each financial year .

Same for people , tax everyone at 30% then give social security benefits to those wth a income below the threshold .
You would be amazed at how many directors or CEO's who get $ 20,000,000 + /year miraculously have no assets come tax time or when they get sued
How could you spend $ 20,000,000 every year and not acquire any assets .
Watch the declared assets of Trump when the defamation settlements are determined in a couple of weeks