US Steel Sold

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
There you go...Glad you feel a lot better now. Social to me is just too nerve racking.Got enough equipment problems to keep myself wound up lately. Just wish I had some halfway warm and dry days for a week or so. Two major projects at a standstill due weather being cold and wet.

I hear ya. My JD caught on fire a couple of weeks ago. And been waiting for a day that's above 60 to address it. My knee hates cold weather, and takes it out on me.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hopefully it not as bad as the one I repaired last run $2200 with to replace bulk front and engine plastics. S180, less than 4 months old at the time. Warranty didn't cover stupid.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hopefully it not as bad as the one I repaired last run $2200 with to replace bulk front and engine plastics. S180, less than 4 months old at the time. Warranty didn't cover stupid.

Oh no. I think it's just going to need a new fuel filter, short piece of fuel line and the fuel solenoid wire.
To make this one run right, I had to put another fuel filter between the carb and the fuel pump. To restrict the fuel flow. I'm guessing the fuel filter got a hole rubbed in it and it spewed onto the muffler.

I'm just guessing though. I haven't really looked at it closely.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
An tell me again what country you live in that makes you such an authority on the United States of America. Name the one crime Trump has been convicted of. All these charges are baseless false charges. Biden is the criminal in the White House. Selling the Biden Brand to China, Russia. Ukrain and the rest of the world. Allowing a Chines balloon to fly over the US and steal top secret information before he finally shoots it down after it has run it course and is out to sea where the information has probably been ruined but China already has it.
Rape
Defamation x 2
Witness intimidation
Election fraud ( convicted but is appealing at the moment )
Fraud in NY convicted on all 4 counts but appealing the penalty at the moment
Tax evasion convicted but again appealing the ruling of the 3 supreme court judges so seeking another full bench retrial
Then there is the faked electoral college votes , most of the actual people who signed the fraudulent voting certificates have taken a plea and Trump will be also included in those charges using that weird mobster law conspiracy to committ a crime law whose name I can't remember right now
And the Jan 6th insurection , again already been found guilty but currently not sentence because he is trying the "presidential immunity " plea currently before the US high court .
Is that enough for you ?
Then there were a couple more Supreme Court rulings that he is challenging & demanding a new hearing by the full court in order to overturn the guilty verdicts by the std 3 judge panel

And I am in Australia so I can have a totally objective view because I have no political biases and have not been subjected to the Russian propaganda introduced through fake social media accounts then taken up by the convicted pedophile before he finally got kicked off both You Tube & Twitter .

I can see why Americans voted for Trump in the first place , he already had a TV cult following and presented himself as a non politician business man .
SO when he was elected I thought , great , some one who can run a business is finally in the White House but within a few weeks it was apparent he was nothing more than your typical lying , cheating, stealing real estate agent con man with a god complex .

I do not know the story behind the balloon , but a Chinese spy satellite passes over the USA every 3.5 minutes and the quality of those is good enough to read the cartoons in your newspaper , China has 4 times more spy satellites flying around the planet than the USA does and by the end of the decade will have more than the rest of the world combined . so there are no secrets that balloon could have found out that China did not already know except perhaps the actual amount of atmospheric pollution in the atmosphere above the USA if it has sampling equipment on board .

I try hard not to be insulting because it gets you nowhere but quite frankly hlw49, every thing you post that is about politics , economics & environment are lifted from RT propaganda , Russian talking points designed to create division & distrust within the USA to destroy the USA

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I used to think this way. But it's been 3 years since Biden took office and stopped the "remain in Mexico" rule. And we still haven't had a terrorist attack. So much of this is just fear mongering propaganda.
Agreed, we need to secure the border. But even moreso, they, Trump and Biden both, need to address "why" they come here. And the bottom line is money. (it's always money)

Most Mexicans and South Americans are lucky to make $15 per day. The minimum wage in MX is only $10 per day. (Yes, per day). They can make as much in one day here, as they can in a week there.

The end all solution to this is to address our monetary policy.
Right now, $25hr is a lower middle class wage. (or about that) This is because our currency is over inflated. $25 doesn't buy $25 worth of goods anymore. There was a time, not too long ago, (maybe 50 years) where a person making $8hr could live pretty good. We need to return to that.
Would you rather have $20 that bought $20 worth of goods? Or $100 that bought $20 worth of goods?
It doesn't matter, does it? We're still getting $20 worth of goods.
Where the huge benefit comes is when companies can hire people for $8hr and the employee can be satisficed with that amount, because they can live pretty good on it. Once the wages come down (drastically), so will the prices of everything else. Then those companies can not only afford to expand and hire more people. But also other countries can afford to buy American products. This is how the USA was able to become the manufacturing giant of the world. It wasn't until big spending politicians started over inflating the USD value by ballooning the debt, did US companies started outsourcing so much of our labor.

If $1 USD was equal to 1 Peso, the flood of immigrants would stop. US manufacturing jobs would come pouring back so much so that illegal immigration wouldn't be a problem.
But politicians don't want to solve either of these two problems. They want to keep the problem alive to keep you voting and donating.

If all of this is confusing, I understand. It took me a few years to finally get it.

P.S. I'm not holding my breath for the House, Senate or the president (any of them) to get it either.
I think you are a bit off course there PT
Wages go up because of inflation
Inflation is an artificial device to ensure the value of the assets of the wealthy do not diminish over time
The other thing it does is reduces government debt over time .

Wall St has bought the government so business earnings & profits skyrocket while wages barely keep pace with inflation
So the rich ge richer at an ever increasing rate while to middle class slowly slide into becoming the working poor

Some of the border crossers are financial refugees while others are escaping repressive regimes or criminal warlords
And again, much of the political instability in South America is directly due to US interference and all of the drug cartels are a direct result of stupid US drug laws creating a massive black market .
I would have thought that after the booze prohibition that created massive amounts of organized crime gangs , the USA would have realised that banning things does
not work , never will work & just creates a black market .
I find it hillarious that in the bastions of the free market economy the conservatives decided that they & they alone know what you can put into your body, take out of your body, who you can marry and how you have sex , not a very free market to my understanding.

If you want to fix the border then you do what Australia has done and jail employers who employ people who have entered the country illegally , ie no greencard .
Our first attempt was to tax the undocumented workers 75% but that did not stem the flow as they simply worked 2 full time jobs + weekends to make ends meet so then we fined the employers and that did not work very well so we jailed a few and that stopped large employers dead .

I had a full shift of over 300 men who were all illegals & paying 75% tax

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To worry less stop reading outside you normal work area of manuals and docs. Just too much miss information out there. Anybody can make up stuff and have others to believe it as most rather believe lies than the truth.

This why I avoid all the junk news sites and social media posts that I can. Can't worry about something if you don't know about it.
Actually there is at least 1 trustworthy source of news and it is called Ground News .https://ground.news
They have no reporters as such, just fact checkers on stories taken from all of the major world news sources ( including Fox )
Their free service is fairly neutral bias but the paid for is excellent because it will show where each story originated which is one way I know so many stories originate from RT so are strait Russian propaganda ( like the whole Biden-Ukraine story ) .
Their premium service will also list stories according the political bias of the originators & the repeaters plus the credibility rating of the story
To date they have been just about bang on the money

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think you are a bit off course there PT
Wages go up because of inflation
Inflation is an artificial device to ensure the value of the assets of the wealthy do not diminish over time
The other thing it does is reduces government debt over time .

It's just my opinion, but I think you're way off on this. Reduces the government debt over time? In 2000, the national debt was only $5 trillion (I can't believe I just said "only $5 trillion). Now, in just 2 decades it's $34 trillion. And we've had a LOT of inflation since them. So when is the debt gonna come down?

Wall St has bought the government so business earnings & profits skyrocket while wages barely keep pace with inflation
So the rich ge richer at an ever increasing rate while to middle class slowly slide into becoming the working poor

You'll get no argument on who owns our politicians.
Some of the border crossers are financial refugees while others are escaping repressive regimes or criminal warlords
And again, much of the political instability in South America is directly due to US interference and all of the drug cartels are a direct result of stupid US drug laws creating a massive black market .
I would have thought that after the booze prohibition that created massive amounts of organized crime gangs , the USA would have realised that banning things does
not work , never will work & just creates a black market .
I find it hillarious that in the bastions of the free market economy the conservatives decided that they & they alone know what you can put into your body, take out of your body, who you can marry and how you have sex , not a very free market to my understanding.

The US government has never actually fought a way on drugs. They tinker with it.
Drugs and booze kill an enormous amount of innocent people. Not just the druggies and boozers. Ending prohibition created some freedoms. But in turn, those freedoms have killed billions of people in return. People driving DUI. Others robbing and killing innocent people for drug and booze money. If druggies and boozers were responsible people, you'd have a point. But too many of them are not. And when you have that many killed, and the government does nothing about it, what good is the government?
It's like having a terrorist attack and not retaliating.
The innocent victims of druggies and boozers lost more than just their freedoms.

If you want to fix the border then you do what Australia has done and jail employers who employ people who have entered the country illegally , ie no greencard .
Our first attempt was to tax the undocumented workers 75% but that did not stem the flow as they simply worked 2 full time jobs + weekends to make ends meet so then we fined the employers and that did not work very well so we jailed a few and that stopped large employers dead .

We have laws that are supposed to prevent that. The Biden administration don't enforce it. Trump's administration enforced it some. But not near enough.
My idea of solving the immigration issue (through monetary policy) kills a few birds with one stone.
I had a full shift of over 300 men who were all illegals & paying 75% tax

The government doesn't need anymore money. They can't manage what they get now. Taxing people more, even immigrants, creates a black market for labor.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh we can't forget that now Trump is claiming on his social media platform that he is God chosen one to run Our country. Yes he actually posted that.

And PT it is us low end tax payers that can't high lawyers that has to pay taxes. Rich guys like Trump can find a way to avoid paying taxes. Like he did recently when he paid only $750 dollars in taxes claiming huge write-offs yet a guy like me had to pay $859 on $6077 of income last year.

And of course companies like close to me that no employment taxes on their employees and still by with it.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oh we can't forget that now Trump is claiming on his social media platform that he is God chosen one to run Our country. Yes he actually posted that.

And PT it is us low end tax payers that can't high lawyers that has to pay taxes. Rich guys like Trump can find a way to avoid paying taxes. Like he did recently when he paid only $750 dollars in taxes claiming huge write-offs yet a guy like me had to pay $859 on $6077 of income last year.

And of course companies like close to me that no employment taxes on their employees and still by with it.

I'm fine with anyone cheating the government out of taxes. Even him. And will remain so until they stop funding so many things that I disagree with.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Like your local law enforcement. Just remember you may just get you ask for and when you need someone to help they just might not be there.

And SS may not even be there when you need it.