US Postal Service Scolding

AndyMan

Threads
We were scolded by the US Postal service.

When the plow goes by, it scoops the snow up against our mailbox, and we just leave it there. Enough has built up that the mailman (excuse me, our postal carrier) can't reach the box from his truck. Instead of our mail, we received a note (he did manage to reach the box to leave the note (!!!) that until we properly clear a path for his vehicle, we will need to pick up our mail at the post office.

It's now shoveled right up near the box.

At least until it snows again...

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, They do have the right to do that, along with a number of other reasons not to deliver mail. Some carriers tend to be a little fussy.

Wayne195

Threads
Yes, They do have the right to do that, along with a number of other reasons not to deliver mail. Some carriers tend to be a little fussy.

Right, the snow can make things a bit difficult for the postal carriers' when it snows:mad: But if the guy was able to reach out far enough to put that note in you mailbox he certainly could have delivered your mail too.:laughing:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Whatever you do DON'T PI$$ THAT GUY OFF It seeems that he is already unhappy with you. Believe me he has the upper hand, I've been there done that you need to get your mail. If it was easier to drive to the post office to get it you would already have a P.O. box.
I'm sure that delivering the mail is not an easy job and I'm sure it's not very rewarding, after all you're never done, you never get to stand back and admire your work. I'm not a psychologist, but I think that may part of the reason people go "postal".
I suggest you humor him until the weather gets better or you may not get your mail

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Whatever you do DON'T PI$$ THAT GUY OFF

I'm with RobertBrown here... Mail can be a problem at times..

Since mail is delivered 6 days a wk... (for now), You have a regular carrier 5 days a wk and a fill in once a wk...
Do you know if it was your regular carrier that left the note or the fill in... your fill in will usually be a bit more fussy as they are generally not as familiar with the route and the end of the day runs later than with a regular carrier that is very familiar with the entire route... :smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
Never upset the 'Postie'.........make sure he has clear access to you mail box........correct height and not obstructed by anything!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here in Atlanta, we had a rare snowstorm last Sunday night through Monday afternoon -- about four inches. We received no mail Monday through Wednesday and the mail that came Thursday almost certainly wasn't all that would have accumulated in that time. When I was a kid, there was a saying something like: through rain, sleet, snow... Apparently the USPS gave up that idea.:laughing:

monica123

Threads
We have similar rules here in Canada, if our mailbox is not shoveled out so she can get completely off the road she will not deliver but we have had some serious issues with our postal worker, she was only delivering when she wanted to and most times in the middle of the night, I called along with just about everyone in the neighborhood and lodged a complaint.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
We have similar rules here in Canada, if our mailbox is not shoveled out so she can get completely off the road she will not deliver but we have had some serious issues with our postal worker, she was only delivering when she wanted to and most times in the middle of the night, I called along with just about everyone in the neighborhood and lodged a complaint.

Monica, If the mail service in Canada is anything like it is here in the US you and your neighbors need to be real careful about complaining to much unless you like to walking two or three blocks to get your mail because that's what will happen. :smile:

Hershey

Threads
They deliver in ice, sleet, and snow ... when it's convenient. :} Actually, I can understand it, but I also know how darn frustrating it is as a resident. We need our mail and sometimes it's just hard to get the path cleared in time.