Uneven Grass Height with JD srx75

Did you level the deck by using the blade tips or deck shell? Did use an OEM belt? John Deere tractors are very fussy. Is the center blade turning as fast as the outside blades? Will need an assistant to help with this. Are you mowing at full engine speed? All these can contribute to the problem.
Only has one blade, I believe am at full throttle.
Read my reply to MParr
Thanks for all the good thoughts.
 
A single blade mower which leaves a high part down the middle? This is something I’ve never seen. Going to keep my eye on this thread, as I want to see the solution.
I suspect the deck is tilted to one side. Think about it this way. Imagine that the deck is lower on the right and thus leaves the grass cut on the left of the deck higher than on the right. Say the first pass is northbound. The grass on the west side will slant uphill. Then the operator reaches the end of the row and turns around to mow heading south. The grass on the east half of the deck will slant higher. After a couple of back and forths, those east and west slanting cuts will abut each other and appear to be ridges.
 
Back
Top