Transmission grease Metro 36

I took a look under the housing and a careful look at the drive belts and I do not see any way to adjust the tension. It appears the shafts come out of the transmission to the pulley and then the belt continues to a pulley that is attached to the axle and wheel.

How would I tighten the belt?
 
Think you will find that on page 31
I did read about the A,B,C bolt placements but while reading, I also have no extreme conditions, the yard is a very gentle slope. The bolt relocations are listed as more severe and most severe circumstances.

I guess I should try one of those ?
 
Gents,
I have this mower and have the same symptoms...the reverse is "designed" to make you pull it...supposedly it won't back over you...from day one I could never make it back up a hill, kinda did a half moon and used forward to go back up any hills...
and it indeed freewheels down hill...I bought this 10+ years ago but it was another 25% to get a tranny that was direct drive/ didn't free wheel...I am presently mulching oak leaves in the back yard, steep hill and mine has begun to seem like more a push mower than a walk behind! ...dust/ dirt on the DRIVE belts I suppose...
Check with your dealer, mine explained the freewheel and the back up part as cons to the Metro, with a much smaller price than the Hydro trannys being the pro.......
bob
 
Back
Top