Transmission grease Metro 36

http://www.wfmfiles.com/download/Te...m_-_Transmissions_&_Differentials(691218).pdf

Download this service manual. You have either a 500 or 700 series tranny. The only difference is the 500 is a 4 speed and the 700 is a 5 speed. One less set of gears.

From what you are saying, I would suspect that the keys or gears are worn. If the rest of the unit is in good shape I would recommend rebuilding it, especially if you can do the work yourself. Now I guess you are going to have to make a decision on what to do.
 
http://www.wfmfiles.com/download/Te...m_-_Transmissions_&_Differentials(691218).pdf

Download this service manual. You have either a 500 or 700 series tranny. The only difference is the 500 is a 4 speed and the 700 is a 5 speed. One less set of gears.

From what you are saying, I would suspect that the keys or gears are worn. If the rest of the unit is in good shape I would recommend rebuilding it, especially if you can do the work yourself. Now I guess you are going to have to make a decision on what to do.

I guess there is no chance the belts could be slipping ?
 
I wasn't thinking last night on my last post. Yes I would definitely check the belts. After I slept on your problem, I think that the belts are a more likely cause of the problem and not the tranny. Sorry for the bad advice.
 
I wasn't thinking last night on my last post. Yes I would definitely check the belts. After I slept on your problem, I think that the belts are a more likely cause of the problem and not the tranny. Sorry for the bad advice.

Great, I really appreciate your advice. Like you, when my mind is at rest it works best.

Thanks again - Rick
 
I wasn't thinking last night on my last post. Yes I would definitely check the belts. After I slept on your problem, I think that the belts are a more likely cause of the problem and not the tranny. Sorry for the bad advice.

Now that we think I need to tighten the drive wheel belts, how is this done ?
 
First check to see the condition of the belt, it may be stretched or worn. How long have they been on? There is an idler under there to keep the belt tight. Make sure that it is free moving.
 
First check to see the condition of the belt, it may be stretched or worn. How long have they been on? There is an idler under there to keep the belt tight. Make sure that it is free moving.

The two belts are brand new, we just installed them a few weeks ago. How do I go about checking the tension and then adjusting it ?
 
Back
Top