Traction

nodlenor

Threads
My Husqvarna 2554 has very poor traction. I bought a pair of wheel weights at a flea mkt. but they don,t fit. I guess I could make them work somehow but I thought I would get some ideas from you guys as to what the best way to solve my traction problem. Any inexpensive ideas for a solution will be apreciated. Ron.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
You could fill your tires with what I think is called Rim Guard to get added weight for better traction.:thumbsup:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
At the golf course we fill all tires with water

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
At the golf course we fill all tires with water

I guess it depends on where you live, if it doesn't freeze then water will work, or windshield washer fluid.:wink:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It all depends where you want this traction, lawn/grass/hills, dirt/mud, snow/ice, all around on everything??

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
bakerg said:
I guess it depends on where you live, if it doesn't freeze then water will work, or windshield washer fluid.:wink:

Did not think about this as we don't have to worry about it down here

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
Did not think about this as we don't have to worry about it down hereQUOTE]

I remember a real brutal winter about 1997 or 1998 when it pretty much froze all the way to the Gulf of Mexico. The boat engine manufacturer I worked for back then got a lot of bogus casting defect warrenty claims when the engines or manifolds froze because they never bothered/had to drain them for a normal winter.

nodlenor

Threads
I live in northern Missouri so I don't think water would be the right choice. Some type of non freezing fluid would be ok. I guess I'll have to do some experimenting. Thanks for the suggestions.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
nodlenor said:
I live in northern Missouri so I don't think water would be the right choice. Some type of non freezing fluid would be ok. I guess I'll have to do some experimenting. Thanks for the suggestions.

How about a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water I think that would do it ?????

nodlenor

Threads
Anti freeze might work. I think what I really need is a pair of tractor bar tread tires. I don't suppose anyone has a pair of 23x10.50x12 tractor tread tires they don't need.