Traction

dodgefate, I broke down and did the same thing. My tires are a little larger so they cost a little more but the results are the same. The difference in traction is amazing & worth the cost.
 
ditto for that type of tire... on my Snapper, the dealer at the time sold me what he called the "high traction" kit, which was comprised of 2 tires similiar to the link mounted on wheels for $130 out the door. They worked great!! so far on the new mower, I have not seen the need for this yet.
 
i had the husqvarna rz5426 and had the same problem no traction at all it would slide down hills spin on turns i for a set of carlisle super lugs they helped but you have to be very carful with them or they will dig holes real fast in your yard as you turn i was never more disappointed in a mower in all my lie as i was this one i had it 2 weeks and traded it for a exmark and no problems since granted i went to alot bigger and heaver mower more then what i need but i found it and got a great deal and couldn't wait to get the husqvarna out of my shed
 
A co-worker who works on mowers in his spare time said adding something to weight down the real wheels will damage the hydrostatic transmission. Just what he said. Because I asked him about this.

I have been used to rear engine Snappers all my life and got a good deal on a Craftsman 46" (made by Husquvarna) at Sears someone brought back because they said it vibrated too much.

It mows great as long as I am not on a hill. Terrible traction. I have to use my old Snapper to mow in certain places this one won't. The rear wheels are almost bald from where I have spun out!

I have heard of this AG tires from Northern and when these wear out I'm going to invest in a set.
 
I have 350 feet of road front (ditch) to mow and along a 500 ft raised driveway plus a mound septic system that was always a challange for any lawn tractor. Found these Carlise knobby tires marked way down at Walmart and decided to give them a try. That was four years ago and they completely solved my problem. Will they damage the lawn? If they spin then yes but I've done more damage with lawn tires spinning all the time. I have them on my Simplicity Regent and My Snapper L200. Here they are on my Snapper in for blade service.
 

Attachments

  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 30
How does one go about filling tires with water? I wouldnt use antifreeze if it pops or spills on your lawn itll kill it. But windshield fluid is an idea .
 
You can buy a fitting that hooks up to a garden hose. Turn tire So air valve is at the top remove the valve core fill full then put air in.
To put window washer in I would use something like the top off a jug of slime.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
 
Back
Top