TORO vs. HUSQVARNA?

TORO vs. HUSQVARNA?

• Total voters

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If that came to be i would probably just let the air out clean out the slime myself and then take it to the shop.

Why not just take the 10 mins or less and change the tire your self. And save your money.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you were to bring a tire into our shop and most dealers around here with a slime type product in them, you will be paying for a new tire. We replace, as the cost for us to try to clean and solve a leak problem will cost more than replacing the tire.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only thing I used slime in was my motorcycle tires and that was because the shop recommended it. It works great but it is nasty stuff.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only thing I used slime in was my motorcycle tires and that was because the shop recommended it. It works great but it is nasty stuff.

Thank god your still alive after doing that.
There are to many bike wrecks every year from people doing that.

It's a fast fix to get you home or to a shop bit at high speeds your just asking for trouble.

A_tank96

Threads
Well i guess i just dont know how to change a tire. We only have one tire iron, and we do have an air compressor, but its those front small tires i have to deal with. I have heard a lot of people say its hard to chane thos front caster tubeless tires. My firend works at a tire shop and he uses ether, to fill it up quick, but i dont have ether......

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The little front tires are a pain in the butt.

Takes practice I use two screwdrivers and a hammer to take them off and put back on then use a ratchet strap around the tire to get it to sit on the bead.
A little starting fluid and a match works well also.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank god your still alive after doing that.
There are to many bike wrecks every year from people doing that.

It's a fast fix to get you home or to a shop bit at high speeds your just asking for trouble.

There are to many bike wrecks every year from people doing that, Using Slime?? I've rode Motor cycles for a lot of years and have seen a lot of motor cycle wreaks but I don't know of any that were cause by using Tire Slime. Tire slime has been around for years and if ti was causing wreaks and killing people I'm sure they would pull it off the shelves.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess your right and the MMA is wrong.

The product called "Slime" is a liquid sealant recommended for Off Road and Slow Speed tires. I would not recommend the use of any sealant or patch as more than a temporary fix. Some shops may even refuse to mount a tire on a wheel so treated. In any event, your tire changer will be angry when they break that tire down and you adorn their tire changer in slippery green slime.

There are probably other, balance related issues related to its use. For example, (not an issue in TX, but..) does it freeze? If so, it will not be able to disperse properly when you ride. This will throw your tire balance off however many ounces of product you injected. A couple ounces is a BIG deal in a motorcycle tire.
Edited by - Niebor on 08/09/2006 6:15 PM

I use it in my car, but never in a bike. If that stuff does not coat evenly you get a non-balanced tire and lots of vibration. Also the goop is not intended for long term use, it is temporary, so you can get to a garage to repair/replace the tire.

I would not want some goop being the only thing between myself and a crash..

Do not use Tire Slime in Motorcycle Tires.

You can:

1. Replace the tire.
2. Plug it with the string type plug.
3. Take off the wheel and take it to a shop to install a plug-patch.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess your right and the MMA is wrong.

The product called "Slime" is a liquid sealant recommended for Off Road and Slow Speed tires. I would not recommend the use of any sealant or patch as more than a temporary fix. Some shops may even refuse to mount a tire on a wheel so treated. In any event, your tire changer will be angry when they break that tire down and you adorn their tire changer in slippery green slime.

There are probably other, balance related issues related to its use. For example, (not an issue in TX, but..) does it freeze? If so, it will not be able to disperse properly when you ride. This will throw your tire balance off however many ounces of product you injected. A couple ounces is a BIG deal in a motorcycle tire.
Edited by - Niebor on 08/09/2006 6:15 PM

I use it in my car, but never in a bike. If that stuff does not coat evenly you get a non-balanced tire and lots of vibration. Also the goop is not intended for long term use, it is temporary, so you can get to a garage to repair/replace the tire.

I would not want some goop being the only thing between myself and a crash..

Do not use Tire Slime in Motorcycle Tires.

You can:

1. Replace the tire.
2. Plug it with the string type plug.
3. Take off the wheel and take it to a shop to install a plug-patch.

I would think you could be at least original with your posting. You know they're are a lot of different company's that make a slime type products or alike and all have different purposes. Some are for tubeless tires, some are designed to be used with tubes, some are designed as sealers others for sealers and balancers. All are sold at motor cycle shops and are perfectly safe if used properly and for there intended use. The originator of the post stated that Slime" is a liquid sealant recommended for Off Road and Slow Speed tires which would be true but I didn't use that kind in any of my motorcycle tires. I'm smart enough to know what to use for what I want to accomplish. I used sealer and balancers like the one in the video below in my motor cycle tires for years and never had a problem.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am just so happy for you.