Toro 2023 Timecutter 75747 Hydrostatic Transmission maintenance necessary?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Toro 2023 Timecutter 75747 Hydrostatic Transmission maintenance necessary?
This kind of went off on a tangent so I guess I will join you on the edge :LOL:

Bert, I totally respect you, you are a smart person with a lot of experience in what you do but the things you mention are never going to be fixed... In fact they are going to get exceedingly worse and things will go on for only a short while longer, nowhere even close to the year 3000. The convergence of signs and biblical prophecy makes this unavoidable.

Now don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean we should just throw our hands up in the air and not try to do what is right... We should still strive to help others, protect the environment, obey the laws, live in peace, etc. But ultimately, the world and the human condition, will always be at odds with this.

I know you are an atheist but if you look at many of the things you mention, including weather events, the love of many growing cold, corruption, greed, terrorism, child trafficking, etc., etc., the world's problems are not going to be fixed via human government/taxation/legalism. These things have been tried many times over and they have never worked. God will eventually have to (and He certainly will) fix things Himself.

“All that we call human history–money, poverty, ambition, war, prostitution, classes, empires, slavery–[is] the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.” – C.S. Lewis
You are welcome to your beliefs as is every other person on the planet on the proviso that you do not attempt to farce any one else to take up your beliefs against their will .
Unfortunately commercial interests always win and commercial interests are always short term because when everything is framed by the life of a person that is a pathetically short time frame in the overall existence of the planet , and of course, this quarters earnings is an even shorter period of time.
Just look at how much money the Coke bothers paid to get atmospheric pollution turned into a political problem not a scientific / social problem .and they managed to do this world wide and in doing so flip it because it was originally the conservatives who could see ( or just wotry about ) the massive costs in the future to fix things .
And note I used the term atmospheric pollution, not climate change because almost every one will accept the fact that we are polluting the air we breathe but the instant you try to explain the consequences of that pollution you end up with a political divide between the believers ( democrats in the USA ) & the deniers ( republicans in the USA )
I seriously doubt that there is anything humans can do right now to reverse what our insatiable greed has set in motion
And country to our faith in religion with the exception of Buddhism and a couple of other fringe religions, all of them instruct their follows to go forth and populate the earth, which is the first problem
Then most monotheistic religions tell us that "Man shall dominion over the lands above all beats
The real tragedy is the original cultural beliefs of most pluralist religions preach that we are merely custodians of the planet and our duty is to protect it for future generations , But we proved they were wrong because our god gave us better weapons to slaughter them with while their gods did not protect them from us .

And as for your quote from Lewis Carrol, I suggest you pop on a flight to South America, find some natives who have been exposed to neither missionaries or McDonalds and you will find truely happy people, till we slaughter them because we found rare earths in their pristine forests .

shurguywutt

Threads
And as for your quote from Lewis Carrol, I suggest you pop on a flight to South America, find some natives who have been exposed to neither missionaries or McDonalds and you will find truely happy people, till we slaughter them because we found rare earths in their pristine forests .
One does not need to take a plane ride to verify the CS Lewis quote. The aforementioned natives living in 'their' pristine forest may appear happy at first glance until they war with a neighboring tribe over a river territory that has prettier shells. Generally speaking, this is the same argument in a different context and Lewis' quote still holds true.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One does not need to take a plane ride to verify the CS Lewis quote. The aforementioned natives living in 'their' pristine forest may appear happy at first glance until they war with a neighboring tribe over a river territory that has prettier shells. Generally speaking, this is the same argument in a different context and Lewis' quote still holds true.
It actually dosn't you know.
A lot of native tribes live quite happily with each other
In fact the Australian black fellas have been doing this for somewhere around 75,000 years .
During which time they managed to work out a very complex set of laws observed by all of the Known 205 nations ( there were probably more but we slaughtered , starved and cut of the water supply to unknown countless natives when "White men with Bibles in their hands " came along to save their souls .
Prior to that they had laws , land borders , a complex trading system, regular conferences to settle minor problems , herbal health remedies that actually worked, perfect health (along the principles of Darwinism ) , no unemployment, no homelessness , apart form punishment banishings , all the food , clothing & shelter that was necessary , a complex system of totems to prevent intermarriage within the smaller family groups , tight family & tribal bondings, aged care .
In fact it was a fairly ideal life style till we white fellas came along .

So Lewis Carrol is just sprouting arrogant white man bible bashings propaganda.
There are only 2 things that lead to war, possesions & religions .

And what was that quote again ?

More people have died in the name of God than for any other cause in the entire history of humanity .

shurguywutt

Threads
I am certain other groups beside "white men with Bibles" read the Bible and go on missionary journeys (doing many good things I might add)... Don't confuse "white men with Bibles" with sin. Sin is the human condition unfortunately and we all do things we shouldn't... Whether it is tell a lie, steal, cheat, even murder. Do you have to teach a child how to do wrong? Small sins usually lead to larger ones and we all do it in some way or another.

I will admit many have died in the name of gods but you have to agree that there are many different gods to many different people groups, even atheists contend that they are gods themselves to a certain degree (to know with certainty that there is no God you would have to be omniscient and omnipresent). The God I contend for is the God that created all of the undeniable complexity around us if you look around. Faith in Darwinism contends that you can set up C4 in a scrapyard, blow it up and get a fueled, oiled, and running SCAG Turf Tiger II after enough explosions and bazillions of years... I don't think so.

It is rudimentary to assert most people have "died in the name of God" yet not define what God actually is. Most people have been killed in the name of a dictator who thinks he is a god (usually a communist) and as a direct result of his and his organization's sin. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. All of these dictators listed are dead now so I would say they know the truth whether there is a God and if there is justice. There is and I am thankful for that because of all the bad things you listed that the evil (white?) men did throughout history... They will have to make an account for it.

dictator kills.jpg

shurguywutt

Threads
Back to lawnmowers... I drained my ZT2100s after about 100 hrs and here is the result. Pretty dirty and since the 2100 does not have a drain I had to suction the oil out (bit of a pain) and was only able to get about 3/4 QT out of each unit. I replaced the oil with 20w50 Valvoline Synthetic. If you do it, I would recommend doing it after mowing when the hydros are hot. If I get bored enough I might do another round.

ZT2100-1.jpgZT2100-2.jpg

How dirty the oil is after just 100 hrs, you can come to your own conclusion on whether they are maintenance free lol...

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
. Faith in Darwinism contends that you can set up C4 in a scrapyard, blow it up and get a fueled, oiled, and running SCAG Turf Tiger II after enough explosions and bazillions of years... I don't think so.

It is rudimentary to assert most people have "died in the name of God" yet not define what God actually is. Most people have been killed in the name of a dictator who thinks he is a god (usually a communist) and as a direct result of his and his organization's sin. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. All of these dictators listed are dead now so I would say they know the truth whether there is a God and if there is justice. There is and I am thankful for that because of all the bad things you listed that the evil (white?) men did throughout history... They will have to make an account for it.
That is a pretty screwed view of Darwinism which in itself is a flawed view of evolution.
It also shows you have never actively tried the breed animals or plants to enhance a particular quality or you would understand what evolution was actually about .
As for Darwinism, it is the opposite of evolution as the bad die out . Nothing turns into something it never was
And your list of war casualties assumes that people only die because of wars .
You ignore the hundreds of millions of South Americans who were slaughtered , "in the name of God" because they were heathens , which had nothing of course to do with all of the gold artefacts that got shipped back to Europe , or the millions of Arabs slaughtered during the 1st, 2nd , 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th , 7th & 8th HOLEY CRUSADES
And that is just those killed in battles it ignores those killed by diseases like the clap introduced to native tribes by missionaries who could not quite keep up their vowes of chastity when tempted by all of those almost naked native women , plus simple thing like flu & small pox & leprosy because the "good book" apparently written by the maker himself ( note always a man ) failed to mention things which he invented like bacteria & viruses , must have slipped his mind at the time cause he was busy making bushes burn . Then there is the slight anatomical problems with reproduction as mentioned in every "Good Book" where the "seeds of life " are transferred from man to woman ( an act of sin if you are catholic ) when in fact that is 100% backwards because the men who wrote the fairy stories had never seen an ovary let alone a human egg , or bacteria or a virus cell because they were writing a book of lies for the sole purpose of subjugating the masses in order to maintain their position of power .
And do not forget the Papal army that slaughtered 1/2 of Europe during the reformation.
Even in relatively modern times you might like to do some research into US Churches & EUGENICS from which Hitler developed his theory of the "final Solution"
But you can only research this via the popular press of the time because as most universities were controlled by the religious groups, post WW II all traces of their whole hearted support for eugenics was expunged from the research records to be replaced with their opposition to the practice which is weird considering just how many religious based hospitals carried out mass sterilisation , predominately to black woman and almost never to a white man despite vasectomies being simpler & safer than hysterectomies .
Then if you want more there is a 28 volume findings of the Australian Government Royal Commission into Institutional Abuse of Children and every instution was either owned or run by a religious order of some sort .

Now you can believe is what ever fairy story that you like that is your right .
It is a free world ( well our bit anyway ) but keep your preaching for brainwashing your own children and off this list lest you want me to to write thousands of errors in all of the "Good Books" which undoubtedly will cause a lot of people a conflict of faith and possibly even a suicide or two .

shurguywutt

Threads
Sad, it sounds like you hate God and think he is the problem with the world. But sometimes we need to experience something for ourselves. Maybe you will.
but keep your preaching for brainwashing your own children and off this list lest you want me to to write thousands of errors in all of the "Good Books" which undoubtedly will cause a lot of people a conflict of faith and possibly even a suicide or two .
That is a mean thing to say... Hopefully you know Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic otherwise you are just reading translations. I know if I wrote something like this I would want to make sure I was 100% correct. Kind regards.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sad, it sounds like you hate God and think he is the problem with the world. But sometimes we need to experience something for ourselves. Maybe you will.

That is a mean thing to say... Hopefully you know Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic otherwise you are just reading translations. I know if I wrote something like this I would want to make sure I was 100% correct. Kind regards.
You can not hate some thing that only exists in the minds of the brainwashed so no I do not hate God, in fact I do no hate full stop.
When I lived in the city I used to go to a lot of public lectures & debates
One that was rivetingly interesting was given by a scholar who has been translating one of the Dead Sea Scrolls
Over the period of 3 hours she went through all of the possible ways 2 paragraphs , that was a bit less than 100 words of 15,000 in the scroll could be translated
It was an eye opener and some thing I had never considered that the literal translation of 15 words could have had over 300 different meanings depending upon the actual date when the scroll was written because all languages are dynamic and words change meanings over time , cool with that daddy O , really terrific & totally awesome ?
So in just 2 parragraphs you can derrive hundreds of different meanings , many of them polar opposites so the meanings get cherry picked to suit the biases of the translator .
So there is no such thing as a perfect translation unless it is done concurrent with the original and every word has an exact replacement in the translated language .
And FWIW my Jewish grandfather taught me Hebrew and that Hebrew was nothing like the Hebrew that my high school tried to teach me , same as the native born French students failed French . And yes I used to be able to sing the Torah although I was brought up anglican .
So don't try that cheap "wrong translation " trick on me .
One of my favourite debates to attend were the "Does God Exist" ones, at least 2 times a year and always entertaining because the Yes side were all educated to the Phd level so some very strong , rational & sound arguments . Note a man by the name of Jesus did exist in fact there were many of them, but that is yet another story .
Another interesting lecture was again given by a cleric on "monotheism & environmental destruction" and despite being an ordained bishop ( also with a Phd) he made a very sound case that pluralism was more environmental sustainable than monotheism , a theory I have found to be quite true , well at least as far as Australian Natives goes .

As for " brainwashing " that stands because that is what it is . By the time I was 3 I could sing dozens of religious songs learned at sunday school in fact when I went to kinder garden I knew more religious songs than non religious songs and apart from God Save the Queen I sang them more than any non religious songs at least 3 times every Sunday and quite often mid week nights as well as mum was very religious so I went to a lot of church based social events .
We suffered persecution by the local rabbis because grandfather married an anglican and more persecution from the catholics because my father was a catholic.
Before I went to school I had learned the words , Slut , Whore & Bastard , all from the mouths of the local nuns , the saintly brides of Christ . So "Jesus loves me this I know because the bible tells me so " & "all the children black & white they are precious in his sight , Jesus loves all the children of the world " rang just a touch hollow in my ears so no surprise I started to wonder why all the purveyors of "love" showed so much hate if you read a different book or even the same book a different way .

But back to the subject.
I do not tack "God is a myth" onto the end of my posts because I respect the beliefs of other list members
I would hope you have enough respect for the beliefs of other list members to stop proselytising as well

Last edited:

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Back to lawnmowers... I drained my ZT2100s after about 100 hrs and here is the result. Pretty dirty and since the 2100 does not have a drain I had to suction the oil out (bit of a pain) and was only able to get about 3/4 QT out of each unit. I replaced the oil with 20w50 Valvoline Synthetic. If you do it, I would recommend doing it after mowing when the hydros are hot. If I get bored enough I might do another round.

View attachment 67620View attachment 67621

How dirty the oil is after just 100 hrs, you can come to your own conclusion on whether they are maintenance free lol...
A Hydro Gear ZT2100 transaxle holds about 1.7 quarts of oil each. Therefore you only extracted less than half of the oil total in each unit. Better than nothing, but far from ideal.

shurguywutt

Threads
A Hydro Gear ZT2100 transaxle holds about 1.7 quarts of oil each. Therefore you only extracted less than half of the oil total in each unit. Better than nothing, but far from ideal.
Not ideal but it is what it is since they designed it with no drain plugs (n)(n)(n) I will probably do another drain and fill after the next season. The oil was dirty but it wasn't black like in some others I have seen.