Tife chains

Ohioguy

Threads
These are 24x12x12 chains on a 24x12x12 tire, deflated to install.

Attachments

• rear2.jpg
    rear2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 7
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 5

Gord Baker

Threads
You could buy some chain and hammer links to make the first ones fit or shorten the new ones. Not rocket science.

eddie046

Forum Newbie
Threads
Heres my fix and may work for you as well. Lower the air pressure in the tires but not to the point the tire bead is broken than install the chains as tight as you can now inflate the tires to proper pressure sure now be tighter than you could ever get them, and I do not use any tensioners. On my set-up years ago after first year dealing with the chains, I got a whole different set of used tires and wheels and installed the chains on them now for winter I just change over the tires and wheels with chains already installed and ready to go. Alot easier for an old man like me.
That's what I have always done and it works well.

mcHarley

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all,
Tire chains. How do you keep them on? 2006 cub cadet LT1040 Every time I plow some snow they "roll" over to one side of the tire or the other. Then back to the garage, jack up the back and move them to where they should be. It has happened since I first put them on. Tried crossed bungee cords and it helps a little. They are about as tight as I can get them and still be able to get them on.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will
Some air out of the tires then chains on and put again some air in the tires untill they are not moving, that should fix your problem.
Harry

Mark56

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lowering the tire pressure and then putting the chains on then pump up the tire is something I use to do as well for years and it worked somewhat. Unfortunately, when the temperature goes down when you are plowing in the snow, the big tires will shrink due to the air pressure inside going down due to the temperature.

Found this solution recently. When I plowed my drive with my John Deere 316 they would sometimes slip to the side. Saw these, Chain Spring Tightener for ATV Lawn Tractor Tire Chains, and said what the heck why not try them. Ordered a set of them for around $20 - $25 and these have been on my tractor ever since. Keeps tension on the chain no matter what the temperature is outside.Chain Spring Tightener_2022-12-29.jpg

wvRenegade

Forum Newbie
Threads
Heres my fix and may work for you as well. Lower the air pressure in the tires but not to the point the tire bead is broken than install the chains as tight as you can now inflate the tires to proper pressure sure now be tighter than you could ever get them, and I do not use any tensioners. On my set-up years ago after first year dealing with the chains, I got a whole different set of used tires and wheels and installed the chains on them now for winter I just change over the tires and wheels with chains already installed and ready to go. Alot easier for an old man like me.
This is what I do too. Chains rarely move.

Castleford

Threads
This was my solution as well, another old man with arthritic fingers...It's amazing how ingenious this condition
makes me!

dpage

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all,
Tire chains. How do you keep them on? 2006 cub cadet LT1040 Every time I plow some snow they "roll" over to one side of the tire or the other. Then back to the garage, jack up the back and move them to where they should be. It has happened since I first put them on. Tried crossed bungee cords and it helps a little. They are about as tight as I can get them and still be able to get them on.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will
I use stiff springs 120 degrees apart inside and outside