Snakes Vs. Dogs??

jsutfun

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a note about the poisonous/non-poisonous remarks here. I live on top of the Blue Ridge Mts. and while we have Copperheads and Rattlers here, they thankfully are not very common. However, just 30 miles or so from here the elevation drops so significantly that these snakes are plentiful. I had a coworker that lived there. He kept a sawdust pile to mulch his garden throughout the summer. Usually when do shovelled into the pile, he disturbed several snakes. Common was the day he dug out rattlers, copperheads, and blacksnakes living happily in the same sawdust pile. Moral of the story...poisonous and non-poisonous will cohabitate, and not necessarily harm the other. As for me, I will kill every snake I can and apologize to no one.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree on that one, the only good snake is a dead one.

I do not like snakes but hate dogs more. I do not have a dog but yet I step in dog **** in my yard.
Would I shot the dog ? No but I did trap one and called the dog pound to remove it.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I do not like snakes but hate dogs more. I do not have a dog but yet I step in dog **** in my yard.
Would I shot the dog ? No but I did trap one and called the dog pound to remove it.

I don't care for snakes but they don't really bother me to much depending on the type and Ally doesn't bother me too much either, I just chase him back in the pond when I'm ready to mow. I do have three Dogs that stay in the house, two cavaliers and a spaniel and I love um to death. I'd never put a dog in the pound to be put to sleep. That's cruel.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yes I know how you feel, the neighbors dogs and cats just seem to like to use my lawn and garden for there personal toilet. I really don't do anything about it because I don't want problems with my neighbor so I just clean it up.