Rider quits. No electrical power . . . at all.

how exactly?....ive seen duct tape that loosens etc..... you should check those switches....do you know how to use a multimeter?....when the PTO wire shorted..it could have cooked a switch
 
Both switches are solidly in the CLOSED position. I didn't clamp it down with duct tape but did a very good job and they are in the same condition as when I first did it. Today, I cut the wires to to the OPERATOR-PRESENT switch and connected them to make a CLOSED loop. (Still have the same stalling problem.) I didn't do anything to the BRAKE/CLUTCH switch because it's not a simple ON/OFF like the OP-PRESENT switch. It's not too expensive so I'll probably just buy a new one. I don't like fixing problems by purchasing parts until the problems solved, but . . . I don't have a multimeter anymore and besides, I was never completely competent with it. On to the next.
 
well ....you need to test the switch or replace it [its only $12].......they are a little tricky....many times they are opening a circuit and closing one at the sametime......or one or the other........as for the seat switch......you need to know if its a circuit closer or opener.....doing it the wrong way can wreak havoc
 
I don't have a multimeter anymore and besides, I was never completely competent with it. ...

Get a decent meter... It will Save you a Lot of Guessing and $$$....
Learn to use it as there is not going to be many new inventions coming up to replace electricity:smile: ... You will have uses for it as long as you are around... :smile:KennyV
 
My LT1000 has a stretched blade cable . The tractor will not do anything unless I have moved the cable around by hand and get it to release ...
 
Replaced the BRAKE/CLUTCH switch. Same ole problem. But now listen to this, pedal DOWN - engine will start and run (PTO engages but engine still stalls). Pedal UP - engine stalls. Everything should operate in the UP position, right? Maybe this is why I locked it in the down position . . . can't remember, it was years ago.
 
Very tired and didn't explain ... Blade off and on lever has a steel cable that goes down to the deck . The cable gets stretched and the safety switch thinks the blades are on . Turn the key and nothing happens . The switch is in the steering wheel tower .
Mine I have to jiggle on the cable & safety resets . Tractor starts .
 
Back
Top