Rider quits. No electrical power . . . at all.

ecknerwal

Threads
Locked in a permanent down/in use/closed position. Both of them. I've had it this way for several years.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
how exactly?....ive seen duct tape that loosens etc..... you should check those switches....do you know how to use a multimeter?....when the PTO wire shorted..it could have cooked a switch

ecknerwal

Threads
Both switches are solidly in the CLOSED position. I didn't clamp it down with duct tape but did a very good job and they are in the same condition as when I first did it. Today, I cut the wires to to the OPERATOR-PRESENT switch and connected them to make a CLOSED loop. (Still have the same stalling problem.) I didn't do anything to the BRAKE/CLUTCH switch because it's not a simple ON/OFF like the OP-PRESENT switch. It's not too expensive so I'll probably just buy a new one. I don't like fixing problems by purchasing parts until the problems solved, but . . . I don't have a multimeter anymore and besides, I was never completely competent with it. On to the next.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
well ....you need to test the switch or replace it [its only $12].......they are a little tricky....many times they are opening a circuit and closing one at the sametime......or one or the other........as for the seat switch......you need to know if its a circuit closer or opener.....doing it the wrong way can wreak havoc

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't have a multimeter anymore and besides, I was never completely competent with it. ...

Get a decent meter... It will Save you a Lot of Guessing and $$$....
Learn to use it as there is not going to be many new inventions coming up to replace electricity:smile: ... You will have uses for it as long as you are around... :smile:KennyV

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
My LT1000 has a stretched blade cable . The tractor will not do anything unless I have moved the cable around by hand and get it to release ...

ecknerwal

Threads
---> Son of a docker: What's a "blade cable"?

ecknerwal

Threads
Replaced the BRAKE/CLUTCH switch. Same ole problem. But now listen to this, pedal DOWN - engine will start and run (PTO engages but engine still stalls). Pedal UP - engine stalls. Everything should operate in the UP position, right? Maybe this is why I locked it in the down position . . . can't remember, it was years ago.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
separate the seat switch wires......they dont stop starting......just running:thumbsup:

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Very tired and didn't explain ... Blade off and on lever has a steel cable that goes down to the deck . The cable gets stretched and the safety switch thinks the blades are on . Turn the key and nothing happens . The switch is in the steering wheel tower .
Mine I have to jiggle on the cable & safety resets . Tractor starts .