Rider quits. No electrical power . . . at all.

Where is this switch? How do I find and replace it? If this switch is "dead or cooked" how can my PTO still work? You see, while the engine is running, I pull the PTO switch, the PTO engages and begins to spin. At the same time I pull the switch, the engine quits. If I quickly release the PTO switch, the engine will catch and continue running. Even with the engine OFF but with the key in the ON position, when I pull the PTO switch I can hear the PTO engage or disengage. What shall I check next?
 
you need a wiring diagram first....its not a single circuit....its routed thru the reverse lockout or blade engagement or seat switch...etc....its probably the same switch that your pulling on......im sure it has more than 2 wires going to it......give us the tractor model/serial numbers so we can look up a wiring diagram and figure this out
 
Where is this switch? How do I find and replace it?
...What shall I check next?

THE PTO switch Is a Two part switch, One part turns on the pto clutch.. the other part si there to see that you do not turn the pto on under certain conditions...

Check the 'other;' side of The PTO switch and the wiring associated with it... :smile:KennyV
 
from what i found..you have the PTO switch....interlock switch and seat switch...one of them is not being engaged or is damaged.....or the wiring associated....im still looking for a real wiring diagram [the interlock is probably part of your clutch/brake pedal].........ps...my first reply on this thread was responding to the first posts
 
Borrowed a PTO switch and ran the thing. Turned on the PTO, PTO begins to spin as engine quits. Sooooooooo it ain't the switch I guess. NEXT!!
 
Both of those switches have been "deactivated" for a long time. Wires to them seem to be in good shape and they are both in the same position as always.
 
Back
Top