Repair Kubota

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you use a fuel can with new fuel line and a filter and the electric pump with a T fitting after the pump and the fuel pressure guage at the T. Turn on the electric pump, bleed the injector pump and the injectors. See what the fuel pressure is. Start the engine and run it till it dies and keep track of the fuel pressure. If it never dies and runs fine. Probably clogged fuel pickup or lines. If it dies with good pressure on the guage issue with injector pump. Probably with the fuel solenoid. If fuel pressure drops off and it dies you need a priest for an exorcism.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW
Any grass clippings that fall into the tank will not rot and remain them for ever till you remove them.
The fuel washes out the colour so they become translucient and thus very hard to see but have the same effect as tiny strips of plastic.
Even worse the grass clippings are the same density as the fuel so they float at all different levels then as the fuel is drawn out get sucked into the outlet by the flow of the fuel.
As soon as you stop the mower, they float away.
When I started out I spent hundreds of hours running down mystery "electrical" problems that were all fuel blockages in the tank outlet.

cambre

Threads
If you use a fuel can with new fuel line and a filter and the electric pump with a T fitting after the pump and the fuel pressure guage at the T. Turn on the electric pump, bleed the injector pump and the injectors. See what the fuel pressure is. Start the engine and run it till it dies and keep track of the fuel pressure. If it never dies and runs fine. Probably clogged fuel pickup or lines. If it dies with good pressure on the guage issue with injector pump. Probably with the fuel solenoid. If fuel pressure drops off and it dies you need a priest for an exorcism.
I will have to get a fuel pressure gauge. You told me about gauge, I forgot to get one, but I will. I can unhook fuel solenoid. I sure hope its not the ejector pump.

cambre

Threads
FWIW
Any grass clippings that fall into the tank will not rot and remain them for ever till you remove them.
The fuel washes out the colour so they become translucient and thus very hard to see but have the same effect as tiny strips of plastic.
Even worse the grass clippings are the same density as the fuel so they float at all different levels then as the fuel is drawn out get sucked into the outlet by the flow of the fuel.
When I started out I spent hundreds of hours running down mystery "electrical" problems that were all fuel blockages in the tank outlet.
FWIW
Now that was an interesting post. I still don't understand how grass would get into my fuel tank. Thanks

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
1588163813516.jpg
Not sure if you have top draw or bottom draw tank but if you can easily pull the fuel pickup when the engine dies you can check for someting like this.

cambre

Threads
Now that was an interesting post. I still don't understand how grass would get into my fuel tank. Thanks
I think I will pull the suction tube from the fuel tank and place it in a jug of clean fresh diesel. I will blow out the tube to make sure its clear. Does this sound like a good idea? Thanks for any response.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unless you thoroughly clean the tank and everything around it before you open the cap. clippings fall in off you , off the top of the fuel can off the back of the seat etc.
The thing is they stay in there and build up over time.
Then there is silly stuff like hairs off the back of your hands, dead skin dandruf, head hair , dirt from your gloves etc etc etc.

cambre

Threads
Unless you thoroughly clean the tank and everything around it before you open the cap. clippings fall in off you , off the top of the fuel can off the back of the seat etc.
The thing is they stay in there and build up over time.
Then there is silly stuff like hairs off the back of your hands, dead skin dandruf, head hair , dirt from your gloves etc etc etc.
Thanks for info bertsmobile1, In 9 years a lot of things could fall in fuel tank. You opened my eyes about what can happen inside a fuel tank. Thanks

cambre

Threads
My grasshopper is running like new. I cut grass for 4 hrs after I drained the tank and blew it dry I could see some grit in the bottom of the tank. You guys kept telling me to clean the tank. I was looking for particles I could see. bertsmobile1 posted about how grass and other things that fall into the tank gets translucent and they are very hard to see. So I siphoned the fuel out of the tank, dried the tank with compressed air. After the tank was dried I got my shop vac. I figured the vac would suck particles out I couldn't see while blowing air into tank to keep the particles flying around. Then I got a tube about the size of my finger and put it inside the shop vac hose and sealed it off. I taped the tube to a wooden dow and with a small flash lite I could suck out the bottom of the tank. I put fresh fuel in the tank and it was really easy to bleed the air out of the lines, I only bled the injector pump. Started right up and started cutting grass. I want to thank cpurvis, Hammermechanicman, bertsmobile1, and everyone who helped on this. Thanks to all.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for the follow up .
Funny how things go in clusters .
You would be the 10th or so person this month with a cloged up fuel tank.
Lets hope the celebrations were not too early.