Regent 22/44 tyranny drive belt question...

maciroch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, everyone.

My 2011 Regent 22/44 is throwing the drive belt, so I picked up a new one from my dealer who figured it's stretched a bit
as well as new idler pulleys (figured I'd change them out at the same time).

Dropped the PTO and all the pulleys, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the belt from around the steering shaft without pulling either the shaft itself or dropping the steering gear & bracket.

Is that what I have to do or is there a shortcut to this?

Gotta go back to the dealer tomorrow as I also found a tranny mount bracket cracked & I can ask him then, but I figured someone might be on today that can give me some advice.

Thanks if you can help.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using LMF

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry to say, but yes on that model you do have to separate the bracket from the shaft to replace the belt.

maciroch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry to say, but yes on that model you do have to separate the bracket from the shaft to replace the belt.

Thanks, Rivets. Thought so. So when I pull the steering gear & bracket, the steering shaft should just slide through the hole on the bracket & hang free, correct?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are correct.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I googled Regent Tranny.....

My laptop will burn in hell................

maciroch

Forum Newbie
Threads
Turns out the only way to change the belt is to drop the steering shaft. Pretty simple (so they say). We'll see if I can get to it after work today.

stpmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Turns out the only way to change the belt is to drop the steering shaft. Pretty simple (so they say). We'll see if I can get to it after work today.

How difficult did the drive belt replacement end up being? I have a 2008 Regent 22/44 and would like to do the same thing. The pulleys look like they will come off pretty easily. Can the belt simply be slipped over the PTO (without removing the PTO) if the wiring harness is unplugged and the retainer/pin is removed? That would leave only the gear/steering shaft...