Raptor add-ons

Kainedogg

Threads
That is one clean mower marine. How do you get and keep it so clean? I almost ran out and ordered the engine guard then I realized that the SD60 already has one. I like that heat shield idea though. Do you grab it through the dealer or do you have to contact Hustler directly?

RetiredGuns

Threads
That is one clean mower marine. How do you get and keep it so clean? I almost ran out and ordered the engine guard then I realized that the SD60 already has one. I like that heat shield idea though. Do you grab it through the dealer or do you have to contact Hustler directly?

I just use my blower to clean it up a bit and an occasional wipe here and there. I ordered the heat shield through my dealer and he had it the next day. He has been stocking up on Hustler accessories so he had the engine guard as well. The mowers are selling well. We have 2 Lowes and 2 Home Depots in the area and none of them have the Hustlers so he's enjoying it while he can.

akcooper9

Threads
I bolted my head shield on the exact same way you did. Ok Ok, I copied you. Thanks for sharing the great idea and thank you for your service!

mhavanti

Threads
Retiredguns, thanks for your service.

I have the SD60 and went with it for the engine guard, the extra wide tires front and back and as important was the extra comfortable chair. The total of the extras bought separately got me a 60 inch cut and all the upgrades for less.

There are three expensive commercial Hustlers within a block of me and none of them ride as nicely.

They can kick my butt in ground speed. But, with the wider cut, it evens out in time per acre. So, not too displeased with the slower role.

The seat was worth it though when you get ready.

BlackdogTX

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
Would anyone have the part number for the heat shield? I have a Raptor 42"
Thanks!

Rob45679

Threads
Hi,
Would anyone have the part number for the heat shield? I have a Raptor 42"
Thanks!

I stopped by my dealer today to express my concerns with some burnt spots that may have been caused by the lack of a heat shield. He is going to give me a call in the next day or so to tell me what he finds out. If he gives me the part #. I will gladly share it.

mhavanti

Threads
I went to my dealer twice with the hot spots on the grass and I'd read where several people have had a heat shield installed under warranty at no charge to the consumer. The dealer called the factory rep and was told there is no free lunches and burnt grass isn't possible at the ride height of the muffler.

Thus, no heat shield unless I wanted to purchase my own.

flightco

Threads
I went to my dealer twice with the hot spots on the grass and I'd read where several people have had a heat shield installed under warranty at no charge to the consumer. The dealer called the factory rep and was told there is no free lunches and burnt grass isn't possible at the ride height of the muffler.

Thus, no heat shield unless I wanted to purchase my own.

I would print out a couple threads from this forum and take to him and tell him you are an active part of a forum where people do a lot of research prior to spending what most of us think are big bucks. (I just purchased this week a 54" SD and it was in great part to the response of this forum. Would this one issue make me change my mind if I was still looking? Maybe not, but it would have made me look further into the support we receive from Hustler through their dealers. I assure you, no one at the dealership told me this is an issue and I should buy a heat shield, if it was not an issue, why do they sell the heat shield).

Ask your dealer to forward this info to hustler and see if they really want the negative image to solving a problem their design creates. If you had done this and they still would not honor the warranty claim it could have made me go a different direction, I was really on the fence and this could have made the difference.

Rob45679

Threads
Received a call from my dealer this morning. The Hustler rep told him they didn't put the heat shield on the residential models because the owners wouldn't clean them out and they would catch on fire. He was given the part# and said it was up to me if I still wanted it. The way he talked it would be covered by warranty and I could install myself. It should be in Monday.