Raptor add-ons

RetiredGuns

Threads
I have 6 hours on my Raptor and have been looking for an hour meter to keep track of service and maintenance. I haven't been able to find one made for Raptor, but then again, I live 60 miles from my nearest dealer. They are a tire dealership who sells Raptors so they aren't stocked with all the goodies. I've searched Ebay and found several universal meters but not sure what will work and what to look for. I need to get one soon as the hours will start adding up.

Get a Sendec hour/tachometer meter. High quality meter that takes 10 minutes to install. It's nice to see both hours and RPMs. The meter can be surface mounted right where a factory meter would be installed.

MRCo.

Threads
I sold a Raptor today and the fella bought the engine guard. It makes the mower look so much better, and yours is case in point. Nice!

MPW1216

Threads
I second the addition of the engine guard and heat shield. Have them both on my RSD 54. Great fit, great look and ever better function! :thumbsup: I would also recommend the flexforks too. Great add even on a relatively smooth lawn. Cheers!

Also regarding a suspension seat, you should be able to find one on Ebay for around $150.

Cheers!

MPW

kadowson

Threads
Get a Sendec hour/tachometer meter. High quality meter that takes 10 minutes to install. It's nice to see both hours and RPMs. The meter can be surface mounted right where a factory meter would be installed.

Thanks RG! I did some looking around on ebay and found that unit for around $50. Seems pretty straight forward and should do the trick nicely!

RetiredGuns

Threads
Thanks RG! I did some looking around on ebay and found that unit for around $50. Seems pretty straight forward and should do the trick nicely!

Cool. I think it will work great for you. I got mine at the dealer for $42.99. If you decide to mount it where the stock meter would go, you can feel the cutout through the decal. Be careful to drill the 2 holes for mounting very precisely as you don't want to miss and only be in the decal? Very little room for error.

MCX09

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just ordered an engine guard for my Raptor SD, the dealer is having it drop shipped to my house. If you don't mind me asking, did you have to pay for the heat shield or did your dealer provide it since this is a factory defect (so to speak) with the muffler burning the grass when stationary for short periods of time.

Nice looking machine you have, don't blame you for wanting to show it off with a few pictures. (which were very helpful BTW)

MPW1216

Threads
I just ordered an engine guard for my Raptor SD, the dealer is having it drop shipped to my house. If you don't mind me asking, did you have to pay for the heat shield or did your dealer provide it since this is a factory defect (so to speak) with the muffler burning the grass when stationary for short periods of time.

Nice looking machine you have, don't blame you for wanting to show it off with a few pictures. (which were very helpful BTW)

Dealer covered heat shield under warranty. Engine guard and flex forks were thrown in as part of the deal when I purchased. :cool: I know of a couple other guys on here that also had the heat shields covered under warranty so I would just inquire that you have been having issues and need one. Tell them about precedent set by other people on this site that have had it covered. That is of course if they give you any grief.

Enjoy your RSD! I have about 22 hours on mine and have really enjoyed it. Cut quality is awesome! (I sharpen blades very 8 hours or so) Neighbors have asked me if I have a lawn service. :tongue:

MPW

RetiredGuns

Threads
I tried to get my heatshield under warranty, but there was nothing for the Raptor. What my dealer is submitting is a "Goodwill" refund for the $42.99. We'll see what happens. I am not going to lose sleep over it. Any mower with a low mounted, exposed muffler can burn grass. My Cub Cadet did it. I honestly don't know if mine was or if my 2 Dogs pee is making the brown spots. After the snow melted, there were 50 spots where my dogs peed all winter. I still wanted the shield more for the hydros getting a bit of shielding.

RaptorSD

Threads
Anyone else have trouble getting a heat shield.. I heard Hustler's shipping a new batch this week?

kadowson

Threads
Anyone else have trouble getting a heat shield.. I heard Hustler's shipping a new batch this week?

I may have to look into getting the shield. I haven't had any burn issues yet and I don't want there to be any. Also the hydro heat protection that Retired Guns mentioned makes sense. Sounds like a good idea at any rate but since I bought mine from a tire dealership instead of a Hustler mower dealer, I'm not sure where to start. The nearest Hustler dealer is 3 hours from me but I still wanted my Raptor so I found a nearby "supplier" to get it. I'm not sure a dealer would give me any support having bought mine elsewhere.