Rant About New Members Section Content...

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ric
You mean a person can't carry on a conversation about a mower or piece of equipment in the new members section?
Jmurray said:
Exactly. They can mention what they own, but if they want to ask how to fix it, go to the correct section.

Hummm, Now that's interesting View attachment 3760

Personally I've never used the member forum, I figured just posting in the general or one of the brand specific forums was enough of an introduction. So what your saying is that someone can only Introduce themselves and say what type of mower they have but can't discuss or carry on a conversation about any problems they may have with there equipment. That is interesting.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Personally I've never used the member forum, I figured just posting in the general or one of the brand specific forums was enough of an introduction. So what your saying is that someone can only Introduce themselves and say what type of mower they have but can't discuss or carry on a conversation about any problems they may have with there equipment. That is interesting.
I'm sure Muhammad would agree that technical questions are not meant for the New Members section.

Parkmower

Threads
Is it really this big a deal. Who cares

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is it really this big a deal. Who cares

I think that's the point, it's not a big deal. I don't see the problem with a newcomer discussing the problems they have with a mower or piece of equipment in the members forum. After there done they will move to one of the other forums.
It's up to the admin, if he wants the thread moved he'll do so.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think that's the point, it's not a big deal. I don't see the problem with a newcomer discussing the problems they have with a mower or piece of equipment in the members forum. After there done they will move to one of the other forums.
It's up to the admin, if he wants the thread moved he'll do so.

Concur...if a newbie needs help he should post where he feels is useful for him...know what, I almost never visit the newbie section myself.