Push mowers are obsolete.

metz12

Threads
I use a push mower but i like the lawn tractors cut much better. but my question is, how do you make a level and same height cut on an area with a trimmer?

Threads
I use a push mower but i like the lawn tractors cut much better. but my question is, how do you make a level and same height cut on an area with a trimmer?

It's not easy. You just have to go slow. Because I know what you mean....you do an area with a trimmer and some areas you scalp a bit. :ashamed:

metz12

Threads
thats what i'm saying! that sounds time consuming when you can do a few swipes with a push mower.

Threads
thats what i'm saying! that sounds time consuming when you can do a few swipes with a push mower.

Well some people just have like a strip of grass to mow so buying a mower would be useless.
Other people have steep inclines where push mowers can't operate. That is where I would get a wheeled string trimmer if possible! But they are not cheap, either! They are around $300-$400! Look at this: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=wheeled+string+trimmer.
wheeled string trimmer.jpg
(Newegg.com - Husqvarna Outdoor 961730002 Husqvarna HU625HWT Wheeled Gas String Trimmer)

metz12

Threads
oh well if its only a strip i would use a trimmer too. but those walk behind trimmers are cool! there is a guy that i know mows his lawn with one of those!

A

AmericanTurf

There's not much area a 32 walk behind can't get. What it can't get I can do with a trimmer. I'm a real good and FAST trimmer. Haha!!! I used to work for a mowing business years ago that did 500,000 grand a summer. We had many crews. That company had no push mowers. Trimmers were required to trim fast and be able to walk up to 5 miles a day. I guess that's were I learned push mowers are obsolete. But i agree some companies are smaller and can't afford walk behinds. I feel if you spend 2000.00 on a walk behind, it will save that much money in time. Also here where I'm at most yards are bigger than usuall.

metz12

Threads
There's not much area a 32 walk behind can't get. What it can't get I can do with a trimmer. I'm a real good and FAST trimmer. Haha!!! I used to work for a mowing business years ago that did 500,000 grand a summer. We had many crews. That company had no push mowers. Trimmers were required to trim fast and be able to walk up to 5 miles a day. I guess that's were I learned push mowers are obsolete. But i agree some companies are smaller and can't afford walk behinds. I feel if you spend 2000.00 on a walk behind, it will save that much money in time. Also here where I'm at most yards are bigger than usuall.

yes, walk behinds do work well, and there is alot of things that you can get to with them. and also, you can get alot of places with a small enough riding mower (like my yard machines) you can mow and then the areas that are left you can do with a trimmer. but talking to me, i like the garden tractor cut. with a striper:thumbsup: but a walkbehind is a great investment)

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

500.000 in a summer and let's say 15 workers so how much did they really make?
And out of the more than 1000 homes in the country club I do they could not get one yard.
If you had a million $ home you would not want a 500 pound wide tire rut making mower on your grass.
I use push mowers because that's what the HOA wants and that's where the big money is.
And I get to brag about how my yards look.
If I was to use big mowers I would like everyone that has a big mower need more yards to cut.
I have to turn away new yards I give them away to friends.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like I have said before there is no right or wrong just different ways of doing things.
What works for one might not work for the other

Sent from my iPhone using LMF