PAM-Fact Or Fiction

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Something I saw in another thread in a post by user Ric pointed out that grass blades themselves are made up of/consist of 70%-80% water. Maybe that in and of itself negates any possibility of a viable solution of complete prevention of grass clipping buildup underneath a mower deck.

There's nothing your going to spray on a deck to keep grass from sticking. People keep trying everything under the sun but never find the answer. We may not like it but it's the nature of the beast.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try TSC Tractor Supply for your mojack there $99 there

MoJack® EZ Lawn Mower Lift - Tractor Supply Online Store

Yeah, I read that in another thread(I seem to remember something about it being a clearance price...that TSC was going to discontinue carrying them), but when I went to my "local TSC's website" they were still $199(just like Lowes). Seems like you could print off that link and take it to Lowes and make them honor their "price match guarantee". Maybe that's not good for an "online price" though.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
There's nothing your going to spray on a deck to keep grass from sticking. People keep trying everything under the sun but never find the answer. We may not like it but it's the nature of the beast.

I tend to agree, but if someone happens upon something that REALLY worked.....they could get rich(of course they would want to share it with all of us free.....right:0)

I'm not sure whether it has to be a specific kind of "metal", like the frying pans, etc. but if it were possible I wish the manufacturers would enter into a contract with Dupont Chemicals to put a "real Teflon" coating underneath the decks. It just "seems like" that would work.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Once a year I spray paint the bottom of my deck (after a good cleaning) with a coat of high gloss white paint and a coat of clearcote then a few layers of wax its not perfect but it makes it easy to clean.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is what I have done for years let the grass dry and Harding on the deck now you have a barrier that keeps water off the deck and no mora grass sticking to the deck. Someone else on here does the same thing just can't remember who.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Brucebotti

Threads
Cakey is absolutely correct about the best solution being a thorough cleaning immediately after wet mowing. This is a very practical approach for some mowers that have easy access to the bottom of the mower deck. For many midmount ZTR's, however, this can be quite difficult, especially for those having trouble physically getting underneath.

This is why I REALLY wish that my Grasshopper had the power deck. I have a floor jack that raises the deck relatively easily, but my mid mount Bad Boy is only accessible by lying on my side with a piece of metal strap as a scraping tool.

The undercoating might work good, but I would think that the surface would have to be Spic & Span clean in order for it to stick.

Larry

I would think that even if the undercoating sticks, it is not a smooth finish, and grass would stick to the undercoating.

It seems as if grass is abrasive. On my old GT, I painted under the deck with POR-15 Chassis paint. While it was pretty in-destructible on my car chassis, it wore away after about 4-5 mowings...:thumbdown:

Bruce

Threads
:cool:Why not make a "deck shower" out of lawn sprinklers? Just mount it to a board, hook up your water hose and drive over it a couple of times an use a mirror to see if its clean enough :wink: I,m sure that would clean it after a few times using it after your done for the day:drink:

Threads
:cool:Why not make a "deck shower" out of lawn sprinklers? Just mount it to a board, hook up your water hose and drive over it a couple of times an use a mirror to see if its clean enough :wink: I,m sure that would clean it after a few times using it after your done for the day:drink:

Or get a mower with a deck washout port, but some say they don't work.

tcz_washout_ports_lg1.jpg

(http://www.sharpeslawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/tcz_washout_ports_lg1.jpg)

Cakey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've never found that the feature some decks have where you hook a garden hose to the top and it is suppose to clean the deck, works very well. In my experience its only good for getting your deck wet, which isn't good for much....