Opinions on a Kubota Z726X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1striper1

Threads
My search for a ZTR has expanded. Also now looking at a Kubota Z726X 60" deck with a Kawi KX 801. Will be testing one with a mulch kit.

Anybody have any firsthand knowledge at how these decks perform in northern grasses? (KBG/fescue/rye mix)

Also in the mix are:

Deere 930M
Scag Tiger Cat (but hear the cockpit is tight)
Gravely (not sure which model yet)

Bad Boy and Toro are out because the dealer won't install a mulch kit for me to try. Oh well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I doubt you will have any problems, unless you try to cut when the grass is too long or too wet. We have sold a few units with the mulch kit. No one has had any complaints. Don't bad mouth the dealer just because he won't install a mulch kit so you can try it. Takes about an hour to install and then if you don't buy it must come off, another hour. At $80/hr that gets expensive for no sale. That would be for each unit if the dealer carried both lines. I would have told you the same, sorry.

1striper1

Threads
Then you wouldn't have got my business...pretty simple. You want me to buy a $9000 anything without trying it the way I want it? I'm not a sheep like you want your customers to be.
Must be nice to sell on your word. I took somebody's word last summer and it cost me lots of $$$$.
Never again.
Edit - an hour to install and another hour to remove? What a bunch of BS. I do it myself in 20 min.
edit 2 - you aren't even a dealer...you're a grease monkey
Edit 3 - forget it.....

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
My search for a ZTR has expanded. Also now looking at a Kubota Z726X 60" deck with a Kawi KX 801. Will be testing one with a mulch kit.

Anybody have any firsthand knowledge at how these decks perform in northern grasses? (KBG/fescue/rye mix)

Also in the mix are:

Deere 930M
Scag Tiger Cat (but hear the cockpit is tight)
Gravely (not sure which model yet)

Bad Boy and Toro are out because the dealer won't install a mulch kit for me to try. Oh well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

The only type lawns I have seen them mow around here are generally Bermuda with different clover and weeds in some lawns. Maybe a few patches of fescue. The ones I have used and seen mow leave a nice cut. Can't say about one with a mulch kit. I really like them. They are my favorite of the kubota line.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
With your attitude I'm glad you won't be coming to my dealership, no one will please you. You came to this forum asking for info and then when you are given an honest answer, which you don't like or understand, you blast me. If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question. I may be a "grease monkey", but have worked in this business for 40+ years, so I think I have a little better background than you. Finally, if you can install a mulch kit on a Kubota Z in 20 minutes, you should have no trouble paying $10,000 for your unit, because you are better than 99% of the certified mechanics out there. Good luck to the dealer you buy from, they will need it.

1striper1

Threads
With your attitude I'm glad you won't be coming to my dealership, no one will please you. You came to this forum asking for info and then when you are given an honest answer, which you don't like or understand, you blast me. If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question. I may be a "grease monkey", but have worked in this business for 40+ years, so I think I have a little better background than you. Finally, if you can install a mulch kit on a Kubota Z in 20 minutes, you should have no trouble paying $10,000 for your unit, because you are better than 99% of the certified mechanics out there. Good luck to the dealer you buy from, they will need it.

Oh boo hoo Mr. Toro sticking up for "your" dealer who won't try to satisfy a customer after telling me how they will "blow away" a Deere and "the Big Block" B&S sounds like a Harley engine. I knew more about their mowers than they did. ICGARA about how the engine sounds.

All he wants to do in the end is sell me a mower that he has in stock. At least the Scag and Gravely dealers will get one in and install a mulch kit and let me try it. The JD dealer 1.5 miles from me is letting me mow my lawn. The Kubota, Scag and Gravely dealers are not close but at least I can mow with a mulch kit.

I tried to buy from them (Toro/Bad Boy dealer) as they are 5 miles from me. I'm not naming them out of respect.

And your profile says " After 34 yrs of teaching I now work part time for a dealer who has supported our program". Lord knows I'd stand up for your dealership as well.

I lost my *** $$ wise on a ZTR that I bought because the dealer in essence "said it would". Guess what....it didn't and they wouldn't stand behind the sale.

So yeah.....I'm pissed at myself (because it cost my family $$) and don't trust the ZTR dealers.

So you don't want my business? No problem....go sell to the other 90% of the people who are sheep.

Read about mooch91 in the Hustler forum. Dealer didn't sell him the right mower. Happened to me last year and I won't let it happen again.

EDIT - assuming the holes are already in the deck for the plates, the only reason it takes an hour is because the certified techs are GIVEN an hour. Just like auto dealer wrenches. Just because the book says 3 hours to do a job, it doesn't mean it takes 3 hours to do the job.

Last edited:

1striper1

Threads
The only type lawns I have seen them mow around here are generally Bermuda with different clover and weeds in some lawns. Maybe a few patches of fescue. The ones I have used and seen mow leave a nice cut. Can't say about one with a mulch kit. I really like them. They are my favorite of the kubota line.

Thanks shughes. Looking for any feedback ON THE MOWER....good or bad.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It sure is nice to be back in the classroom listening to the student that knows it all and wants to bully his way to the front of the class, brings back memories. For someone who knows so much about the small engine business, why are you asking questions? You just said you knew more than the dealers. The dealership I work for has been in business for over fifty years and has a reputation of being the top dealership in the area. There are over sixty dealerships within a fifty mile radius You don't get a rep like that trying to fleece customers. Yes, I am standing up for all dealerships who won't cuddle to your wishes. There might be a reason you have lost a lot of money on bad choices, and it might not be a salesman?? Good luck in your search and the dealer you buy from, you'll both need it. If someone else posts on this thread, make sure you are very positive, or you will receive a rant similar to the one I got.

1striper1

Threads
Sounds like a true city boy. GFY CB.

Forgot to add: Keep posting where you really have no.business posting. You just keep running up your post count and the amount of the PayPal credit you get.
Ha ha ha

And this all started with me saying "oh well". Wonder what he would have said if I ripped the Toro dealer?

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, grew up milking 35 head and tilling 435 acres. Taught school where FFA was the biggest organization for students. I'm assuming that you know what that means. I never said what equipment dealer I work for, I am just standing up for every (doesn't matter the line) dealer who will not be bullied by a customer who thinks the dealer should bow down to any customer demands. You found a dealer who will and I hope that he is able to stay in business for a long time, but I do know how this business works and every time he does what you want, but doesn't make a sale, he loses money big time. To the next customer, that piece of equipment must be listed as a demo unit and will then be sold at a lower price if he is honest. That is one rule dealer are supposed to live by. Do you want to pay full price for a unit that someone has used, but decided not to buy? Oh, I forgot you knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.