New Tractor

mystreba

Threads
I hope this works out for you. It didn't for my neighbor he bought a sears 3 years ago for $3400. It cuts grass alright, he started having problems when he started borrowing my ground engagement attachments. He cooked the hydro unit and his warranty would not cover it. If you use it for what it was built for you might be OK. As far as you saving any money you'll see in 3-4 years what you saved.
Good luck.

This is definitely not a lifetime tractor, so I'm not laboring under any delusions. Any tractor can fail, especially if you push it beyond it's intended limits. But yes, as you say time will tell. In 5 years I hope to be sipping horchata somewhere in Costa Rica. (well ok, maybe I do labor under a delusion or two)

Post-script - the tractor has a really tight turning radius, and it cuts very evenly. The roller system keeps the deck nice and level. And the oil-change tube is freaking BRILLIANT (see attached).

Attachments

• IMG_4854.JPG
    IMG_4854.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 56

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
That tube IS cool! I'll bet I could rig something up simmilar on my tractor.........:cool:

Jetblast

Threads
And the oil-change tube is freaking BRILLIANT (see attached).

Yes it is. I saw something similar on my new mower and nearly fell over. Oil changes on my old Cub Cadet used to mean pressing a clear plastic tube onto a dicey quick turn valve, which on paper looked great, but often led to an epic oil spill disaster and the loss of all sea life within a 10 mile radius.

She's a zippy looking machine. Glad to hear that it's bite is as bad as it's bark.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
Nice ride! Those V-twins seem to be real torque monsters. I like that a lot of the manufacturers are spending a couple of extra bucks to make the oil changes possible. The last JD my Mom had and the DR feild and Brush mower I had were both V-twins with extended oil drains. Happy mowing.

CajunCub

Threads
mystreba, that is a sweet mower! I looked at that one before I bought my CC....You have got a really good machine. Do you know that picture of the side of your engine shows an oil cooler? That mower will last you a long time if you maintain it correctly. Good Choise!:thumbsup:

mystreba

Threads
mystreba, that is a sweet mower! I looked at that one before I bought my CC....You have got a really good machine. Do you know that picture of the side of your engine shows an oil cooler? That mower will last you a long time if you maintain it correctly. Good Choise!:thumbsup:

Thanks! Your new Cub is damn sweet also - I think our machines share about 90% of the parts (minus the engines). Same frame for sure.

I don't know that much about small engines, but I'm learning by hanging around all the smart people here. In fact, I didn't even know my mower had an oil cooler - thanks for pointing that out! I researched the GT6000, and went into Sears to buy one. At the last minute as the guy was ringing me up I noticed the PGT9000 was also on sale at only $100 more, and I bought it instead - sight unseen. I am so glad I did. Just the feel of it alone over the GT6000 is night and day. I hope you're right that it will last - at least a few years until I conquer this property and get the h*#% out! Time will tell. Cheers!

fastback

Threads
Just a question. Many of the newer tractors indicate that they have reserve fuel, what about this one?

I also looked at this unit the price seemed good for a heavy duty tractor. I can't remember who makes this one I don't think its Husqavana. I was turned off by the plastic pullys I think this is something that Sears should have already addressed. Who knows, I ordered a Husq with a 52 inch fabricated deck on March 22 and it still is not in yet. If it doesn't get hear soon I may turn to the 9000, but the only problemis the price may be back up. Oh well.. Good luck with the new machine sounds like it will get the job done.

mystreba

Threads
Just a question. Many of the newer tractors indicate that they have reserve fuel, what about this one?

I also looked at this unit the price seemed good for a heavy duty tractor. I can't remember who makes this one I don't think its Husqavana. I was turned off by the plastic pullys I think this is something that Sears should have already addressed. Who knows, I ordered a Husq with a 52 inch fabricated deck on March 22 and it still is not in yet. If it doesn't get hear soon I may turn to the 9000, but the only problemis the price may be back up. Oh well.. Good luck with the new machine sounds like it will get the job done.

Thanks - I don't think the PGT9000 has a fuel reserve, but I could be wrong. There is nothing in the manual about it.

I think it might be manufactured by MTD. Good luck with the Husq!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

A lot of the older Gasoline AG tractors had that... but I have not seen it on any garden or lawn tractors.. old or new. :smile:KennyV

fastback

Threads
The tractor I ordered, the Husqavana has a reserve. Infact both of their garden tractor have it. I can't speak for the other models. They may or may not have this option. I thought it was a good thing there have been times when I ran out and had to walk back to the garage in the dead of summer. Then I had to drive it back after refueling. Five gallons of gas can get a little heavy in no time.