New to me scag purchase

rapidride2

Threads
I decided today to pick up a 2005 scag turf tiger off cl. It has a low 289hrs and is in better condition than I was even hoping for. It still has shiny paint and metal hardware..has been kept indoors. Just a few normal scratches on the side of the deck. Otherwise spotless!!! Anyway it is a 61advantage deck with 27hp kawasaki with the heavy duty air filter. I picked this up for $6600. This mower is overkill for me but it was cheaper than most wildcats /tiger cats I was looking at. Anyone know what this machine retailed for?

Questions: is the newer deck that much better than the advantage deck I have? I will be cutting 4.25 acres of flat ground. Also any specific maintenance issues to be aware of specifically with this machine?
It comes with some striper rollers on the rear of the deck. He said it was a $250-$300option...is this true? Thanks.

Threads

Anyone know what this machine retailed for?

It comes with some striper rollers on the rear of the deck. He said it was a $250-$300option...is this true? Thanks.

The new 2012 or 2013 Scag Turf Tigers are $11,500-$12,000! :eek: I don't know about the price in 2005.

And striping kits are expensive!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I decided today to pick up a 2005 scag turf tiger off cl. It has a low 289hrs and is in better condition than I was even hoping for. It still has shiny paint and metal hardware..has been kept indoors. Just a few normal scratches on the side of the deck. Otherwise spotless!!! Anyway it is a 61advantage deck with 27hp kawasaki with the heavy duty air filter. I picked this up for $6600. This mower is overkill for me but it was cheaper than most wildcats /tiger cats I was looking at. Anyone know what this machine retailed for?

Questions: is the newer deck that much better than the advantage deck I have? I will be cutting 4.25 acres of flat ground. Also any specific maintenance issues to be aware of specifically with this machine?

If you need operators and parts manuals, find the model and serial number which follows the STT----, go to the Scag website, on the L/H side there are links, manuals is one of them. Click on it, find your machine, click on it, and find the serial number range for your machine, click on it and download the manuals. Scag attachments are also listed.
Mad Mackie in CT