Export thread

New to me scag purchase

R

rapidride2

I decided today to pick up a 2005 scag turf tiger off cl. It has a low 289hrs and is in better condition than I was even hoping for. It still has shiny paint and metal hardware..has been kept indoors. Just a few normal scratches on the side of the deck. Otherwise spotless!!! Anyway it is a 61advantage deck with 27hp kawasaki with the heavy duty air filter. I picked this up for $6600. This mower is overkill for me but it was cheaper than most wildcats /tiger cats I was looking at. Anyone know what this machine retailed for?

Questions: is the newer deck that much better than the advantage deck I have? I will be cutting 4.25 acres of flat ground. Also any specific maintenance issues to be aware of specifically with this machine?
It comes with some striper rollers on the rear of the deck. He said it was a $250-$300option...is this true? Thanks.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Anyone know what this machine retailed for?

It comes with some striper rollers on the rear of the deck. He said it was a $250-$300option...is this true? Thanks.

The new 2012 or 2013 Scag Turf Tigers are $11,500-$12,000! :eek: I don't know about the price in 2005.

And striping kits are expensive!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

He said it was a $250-$300option...is this true? Thanks.

This one is > $400! Scag 9269 Stripe Kit for Turf Tigers & Tiger Cats

So that price is fair.

R

rapidride2

This one is > $400! Scag 9269 Stripe Kit for Turf Tigers & Tiger Cats

So that price is fair.

This one mounts to the rear of the deck underneath the mower. It's sort of hard to see the rollers. It looked like a factory installed deal.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Code:
This one mounts to the rear of the deck underneath the mower. It's sort of hard to see the rollers. It looked like a factory installed deal.

Oh, I gotcha. Like this?

scag.jpg

R

rapidride2

Code:

Oh, I gotcha. Like this?

View attachment 15643

Thats it!!! Was that standard on turf tigers or was that some sort of add on scag option? Thanks.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Thats it!!! Was that standard on turf tigers or was that some sort of add on scag option? Thanks.

On the new Velocity Plus decks it looks like it comes standard, but I don't know about the 2005 model.

SCAG POWER EQUIPMENT - Velocity Plus Cutter Deck

M

Mad Mackie

I decided today to pick up a 2005 scag turf tiger off cl. It has a low 289hrs and is in better condition than I was even hoping for. It still has shiny paint and metal hardware..has been kept indoors. Just a few normal scratches on the side of the deck. Otherwise spotless!!! Anyway it is a 61advantage deck with 27hp kawasaki with the heavy duty air filter. I picked this up for $6600. This mower is overkill for me but it was cheaper than most wildcats /tiger cats I was looking at. Anyone know what this machine retailed for?

Questions: is the newer deck that much better than the advantage deck I have? I will be cutting 4.25 acres of flat ground. Also any specific maintenance issues to be aware of specifically with this machine?

If you need operators and parts manuals, find the model and serial number which follows the STT----, go to the Scag website, on the L/H side there are links, manuals is one of them. Click on it, find your machine, click on it, and find the serial number range for your machine, click on it and download the manuals. Scag attachments are also listed.
Mad Mackie in CT