New Models From Honda (2013 Hondas)

MisterEdF

Threads
I just got a HRX2174HYA from Home Depot. What is the difference between the 2174HYA and the 217HYA? They had both but I chose the one with "more numbers" because "more is better." :laughing: My luck is I'm sure I made the wrong choice. I bought a scratch off lottery ticket last week and the next guy in line behind me bought the next one on the roll and won $20,000 so I'm pretty sure I should have got the one with "less numbers!" :confused2:

Threads
I just got a HRX2174HYA from Home Depot. What is the difference between the 2174HYA and the 217HYA? They had both but I chose the one with "more numbers" because "more is better." :laughing: My luck is I'm sure I made the wrong choice. I bought a scratch off lottery ticket last week and the next guy in line behind me bought the next one on the roll and won $20,000 so I'm pretty sure I should have got the one with "less numbers!" :confused2:

The number before the "HYA" shows what version of the mower you have. The one you bought has a 4, which means it is the K4 version, which to my knowledge is the most up-to-date version of the HYA. I don't know why the other mower didn't have ANY number after the 217. :confused2:

MisterEdF

Threads
The number before the "HYA" shows what version of the mower you have. The one you bought has a 4, which means it is the K4 version, which to my knowledge is the most up-to-date version of the HYA. I don't know why the other mower didn't have ANY number after the 217. :confused2:
Thanks. Shocked that I picked the right one. Yea, 3 of them on the pile had the "4" and one had nothing.

MisterEdF

Threads
This might sound REALLY dumb but here goes anyway:

I unboxed my new HRX2174HYA today, added some gas and despite the 45 degrees and no lawn growth took it out for a "test drive" in my backyard. I can see this is going to take some getting used to! :laughing: Due to health reasons I haven't done my own lawn in over 20 years (I was too fat and couldn't breath after walking 50 feet). Having recently lost ~100 lbs I'm fitter than ever so I decided to fire the gardener and do it myself.

So i gassed up my HRX2174HYA, set it to full mulch and started it on the first pull. :thumbsup: First thing I noticed is how quiet it is, second thing was how I have to learn how to make turns! :laughing:

Anyway, my lawn wasn't long enough to cut, no growth since last year as it is still cold here. So I drove it over all the leaves that remain in my back yard.

My dumb question is, with the setting at "2" on all 4 wheels shouldn't this suck up and mulch most of the leaves? I had all the levers held but no leaves seemed to get picked up. How can I even tell if the blades are spinning without turning it on it's side? If I do turn it (for this or any other reason) which way can I tip it?

I just want to make sure it works before my return period from Home Depot is up just in case I need to exchange it. :confused2:

TIA!

Threads
How can I even tell if the blades are spinning without turning it on it's side? If I do turn it (for this or any other reason) which way can I tip it?

To engage the blades you have to hold in the yellow button on the blade control lever and push the bar in. And to tip it over you tip it so the air filter is facing up and the muffler is facing down.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't get why they make them like this.

When the mower starts I want the blade spinning.

Why do you need to stop the blades but not the engine ???

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Threads
I don't get why they make them like this.

When the mower starts I want the blade spinning.

Why do you need to stop the blades but not the engine ???

If you want to move something that is in front of the mower you can stop the blades without stopping the engine so you don't have to pull the rope again to start it. Also it's good if you want to cross a driveway or something but don't want your blades spinning when you're on the concrete you can stop them for a few seconds. Below is a video to help him figure out how to operate the mower.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why not just buy the clip that goes on the lever so you can let go and not shut the mower off?

Just sounds like one more thing that will break.
Mowers are getting to many gadgets on them.

We went 50 plus years you pull the rope and cut the grass next they will come out with a touch screen on them and voice control. LOL

My rider has a cup holder but really what are you going to carry in it beer or soda will go flat before you can drink it.

stygz

Threads
Thats where you put the empty beer cans:thumbsup: