My dad's new toy.....

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is no big plus to getting old... I know exactly what you are saying... :smile:KennyV

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll try again --

I love old Ferguson's..........That is NICE!!!!

I see somebody painted it red.....:laughing: Massey-Harris was red, Fergusons were gray, and when they merged to become Massey-Ferguson, they were Massey Red, and Ferguson gray. :biggrin:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know what the base color was -- JR calls it a Harris or a Harry Ferguson - it is actually a
1951 TO30 that JR purchased new in 1952 --- HE may have painted it red ???

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know what the base color was -- JR calls it a Harris or a Harry Ferguson - it is actually a
1951 TO30 that JR purchased new in 1952 --- HE may have painted it red ???

Doesn't matter. It's actually a straight-up Ferguson......but it's still cool in red, too....:biggrin:

He probably calls it that because of the merger...the fact that Massey-Harris was associated with Ferguson......could be a variation during the merger.....but it looks straight up Ferguson to me....:laughing:

The first iteration of the name was "Massey-Harris-Ferguson" - quickly shortened to "Massey-Ferguson". Thus the triple triangles: Massey - Harris - Ferguson. Three equals working together to make the same thing, but stronger? (it's nothing more than a name and an emblem, today....:frown:)

Harry Ferguson was also the head of Ferguson....so that might a be better reason. :wink: He left Ford to produce Ferguson tractors.......which would explain why it's almost a twin to the 8N........

The Ford-Ferguson 8N/9N was a joint venture. Ferguson was insturmental to the invention of the 3 point hitch. In 1947, Henry Ford II dissolved agreements ith Harry Ferguson, and in 1948, production of the TO20 commenced, because Ford held patents on the 8N until that date, and Fergusons were sold in the UK prior.

Massey-Harris was actually a CANADIAN firm.

Wikipedia is a great resource!

Last edited:

fastback

Threads
The Chevy flat bed is not bad either. I think we can all agree that old tractors have a certain quality to them. They were built to last and last they have. I am partial to JD's, but anything from the 30's, 40's 50's etc. works for me.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Chevy flat bed is not bad either. I think we can all agree that old tractors have a certain quality to them. They were built to last and last they have. I am partial to JD's, but anything from the 30's, 40's 50's etc. works for me.

Old stuff is cool! (except sometimes HUMANS.....:laughing:)

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
JRs 1Ton.jpg IMGP1167.jpg That is JRs 49 Chevy 1 Ton Commercial. :biggrin: