Mower and 1 gallon gas storage

Lawner

Member
I have a mobile home which has a semi attached shed. It's not directly connected to the home but it is the patio and shared the patio roof which is connected to the home. The shed has a hot water heater in it. It has a window which I keep closed and no other ventilation.

is it safe to store a gas lawn mower with fuel, and the unused portion of a gallon of gas in a red container in the shed?

I just bought the mower yesterday, it's still in the box and haven't bought the gas yet. It's a low end $150 model from Home Depot, I have a small are to mow.
 
i store them with fuel during the week but i never keep gas in a can stored around....to much potential danger imho
 
I store as mush as 10 gallons of gas in the spring and summer then 5 gallons in fall and winter in a 30x30x12 pole garage. You should be fine.
 
I have a mobile home which has a semi attached shed. It's not directly connected to the home but it is the patio and shared the patio roof which is connected to the home. The shed has a hot water heater in it. It has a window which I keep closed and no other ventilation.

is it safe to store a gas lawn mower with fuel, and the unused portion of a gallon of gas in a red container in the shed?

I just bought the mower yesterday, it's still in the box and haven't bought the gas yet. It's a low end $150 model from Home Depot, I have a small are to mow.



if u can smell it vent it
 
Wrong approach. Trapped and mixed fumes=potential bomb. If it's ethanol gas you want to use it up every month and empty it during long periods of idle to prevent moisture invasion and damage to the gas tank and engine, anyway.
 
Wrong approach. Trapped and mixed fumes=potential bomb. If it's ethanol gas you want to use it up every month and empty it during long periods of idle to prevent moisture invasion and damage to the gas tank and engine, anyway.

It's unleaded gasoline, the mower came with a sample of Stabil so I put that in the red gas container for now.

So how and where should I store it?
 
Wrong approach. Trapped and mixed fumes=potential bomb. If it's ethanol gas you want to use it up every month and empty it during long periods of idle to prevent moisture invasion and damage to the gas tank and engine, anyway.

Not if you use a good stablizer like star tron or ethanol shield in storing the gas.
 
Again if you can smell it vent it....... I agree with this statement keep it somewhere well ventilated
 
Back
Top