Lowballers

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What size are these lots for $10 cuts? The lowest here that I am aware of is $30 for 1/2 acre cut.

Lot sizes can vary. Here the 1/8th of an acre, ( sub-division ) basically 5000 sq.ft. there getting 17.50 a cut and your not cutting a whole lot property when you consider there's a 2500sq.ft. home drives and sidewalks etc on the property.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most houses here have about 3509 sqft of turf. If its basic I charge $25 weekly for mowing weedeating edging mowing blowing and fertilizer every 6 weeks.

We do have a lot of misc big lots to I just got a house with 12000 sqft of turf I charge 65 weekly. I could never imaging doing any of.these lots for $10 except one a neighbor to my customer has just a 2000 sqft square just needs mowed and blower and she is directly next to one of my customers I charge her $10 weekly

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most houses here have about 3509 sqft of turf. If its basic I charge $25 weekly for mowing weedeating edging mowing blowing and fertilizer every 6 weeks.

We do have a lot of misc big lots to I just got a house with 12000 sqft of turf I charge 65 weekly. I could never imaging doing any of.these lots for $10 except one a neighbor to my customer has just a 2000 sqft square just needs mowed and blower and she is directly next to one of my customers I charge her $10 weekly

Most here are either 1/8th or 1/4 acre lots. My own for an example is like 1/8th and I have a 2850 sq.ft of living area plus the 700 sq.ft three car garage with a three car drive and sidewalks so how mush can be left.:smile: I make one pass down the north side with the 30" Turf-master, three passes down the south and back an two across the front with the 36"GS. :biggrin: there is 10 feet between my house and the neighbors house. How much do you charge for a lawn that small. I can't in good conscience charge 25 a cut for that.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Right that's true I wouldn't either so I would give them a deal probably $20 weekly to start tell them the price goes down if I can get another house or two in the neighborhood. They talk to their neighbors and suddenly I have 3 houses for $15 each making $45 dollars in the half hour to 45 mins it takes me to run over them. I wait for them to talk to their neighbours and suddenly I have a whole neighborhood. This is what happened to be I had one lady and word of mouth I have 7 houses directly next to each other at $25 each :)

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
10$ for a mow, trim and blow is dirt cheap! Might as well work at Burger King for that chicken nugget money!

I charge 20$ a cut usually. That is about 2000 square feet of lawn and sometimes less. The 25$ lawns are a little bigger or have some pita factors. Some I do for 30$ too. When alone, I can do 2-3 lawns an hour which sums it up to 40$-60$ hour.

In another place, I lowered my prices slightly, because I already have 6 yards there. I can do 5 in 1.5 hours alone! Which ends up being about 90$ in my pockets = 60$/hour. Not bad for working with a 21" mower.

Just the other day I quoted for two lawns for a full summer. Some low baller went way low and I didn't get the deal. I didn't mind, because the yards were ugly and renters lived there = garbage all over the place.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My view is if the customer wants the low baller you were going to lose it eventually. I prefer the customer who wants to pay a little more I can gain their loyalty and have a customer for years... Cheap people pay cheap people...

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
My view is if the customer wants the low baller you were going to lose it eventually. I prefer the customer who wants to pay a little more I can gain their loyalty and have a customer for years... Cheap people pay cheap people...

Very true!

BHLC

Threads
Our min. Is $30 goes up from there

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Our min. Is $30 goes up from there

I bet that is for yards that are about 1/4 acre and need the use of a ZTR? Also, you are in Vermont. The money is good there if I am correct.