Lowballers

Mike88se

Threads
They can't be making any profit. I mean I can't see how they could.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
They can't be making any profit. I mean I can't see how they could.

I don't think there interested in profit or the bottom line at the end of the year like the legit business owner. Most have no overhead because the equipment they use is the same as what they do there own home with. Nine times out of ten they don't even have a license so the money they make goes directly into there pocket and not back to or into the business.

Mike88se

Threads
I don't think there interested in profit or the bottom line at the end of the year like the legit business owner. Most have no overhead because the equipment they use is the same as what they do there own home with. Nine times out of ten they don't even have a license so the money they make goes directly into there pocket and not back to or into the business.
I'm not sure I could be called a legit business owner and I don't have a license or much overhead... but I still have to eat. If I cut grass for 10 bux I'd be a nonprofit charitable organization... and I need a nonprofit charitable org to feed me.
Seems like they'd have to be in and out in 10 minutes and have a real tight service area to have any chance at all at making enough money to survive. And they'd have to be working alone too because there's not enough money to split with anyone. I work alone and I don't think there is any lawn I do that could be done in 10min unless I had all my equipment strapped on my back or hanging on my belt.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like I said they only last till their mower breaks.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm not sure I could be called a legit business owner and I don't have a license or much overhead... but I still have to eat. If I cut grass for 10 bux I'd be a nonprofit charitable organization... and I need a nonprofit charitable org to feed me.
Seems like they'd have to be in and out in 10 minutes and have a real tight service area to have any chance at all at making enough money to survive. And they'd have to be working alone too because there's not enough money to split with anyone. I work alone and I don't think there is any lawn I do that could be done in 10min unless I had all my equipment strapped on my back or hanging on my belt.

Well by legit I mean people who are actually trying to make a living doing the job which is different than trying to earn beer money. The size of the business shouldn't have much, if anything to do with what they charge. Pricing a job should be consistant with the market area your working. Most guys that run a lawn care business will tell you a certain percentage of the money they make goes to the overhead and running the business. That's the reason there always screaming about the amounts they have to make an hour.

Mikel1

Threads
What size are these lots for $10 cuts? The lowest here that I am aware of is $30 for 1/2 acre cut.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow, those prices that you all are throwing around suck!! Hell,
I was charging more in 1980, and I was the lowballer back then, and these prices were for the little old ladies that lived through the depression.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow, those prices that you all are throwing around suck!! Hell,
I was charging more in 1980, and I was the lowballer back then, and these prices were for the little old ladies that lived through the depression.

I agree those prices do suck and the cuts are probably worse. I understand about wanting to maybe break into the business but at those prices there screwing themselves.

Mower Doctor 78006

Threads
At 10 bucks a cut even if you lived down the street and pushed your mower back and forth you would be eating Ramen noodles all day!! If 2 yards burn 1 gallon of fuel that's 3-4 bucks right there. They only made 20. Its ether kids that are bored, somebody with no bills or........... Just has way to much time and just felt like mowing grass.

Attachments

• gump-mowing-service.jpg
    gump-mowing-service.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Gump Mowing Service.jpg
    Gump Mowing Service.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Gump Mowing Service2.jpg
    Gump Mowing Service2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 18

BHLC

Threads