Lowballers

D

DJlawnboy

It's nice to hear that there are some good folks in this mean world, that's very big of you. Your teaching that kid things that will be with him for the rest of his life. Very nice.
Ditto.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Everybody keeps throwing out this $15 a cut figure. I have lawns that I charge $15 a cut for and I have Lawns I get $30 to $40 a cut for and any where in between. What I charge depends on a number of factors and I do Vets for free.

I do it by the acre for mowing. I charge around $20-25/acre I do the same thing for vets, I do their landscaping for free. And I can't even count how many lawns I get a week.

I also have a division of my company, They charge $15/acre for all lawns, this division is where some of the rookies and high school kids start out. This started about 5 years ago, some of the first people I hired are still with the division, maybe in the next couple years If they stay, I'll promote them to the big landscaping company. Some people I've hired only stay a few months, and they get other jobs somewhere else. Currently this division has 8 employees, 2 trucks, and three trailers. They do vets for free. They get a lot of business too, I'd say about 40 lawns on an average week, 35 lawns on a good week, and 28 on a poor week. But that's just mowing. They have other landscape jobs to do instead of mowing.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do it by the acre for mowing. I charge around $20-25/acre I do the same thing for vets, I do their landscaping for free. And I can't even count how many lawns I get a week. I also have a division of my company, They charge $15/acre for all lawns, this division is where some of the rookies and high school kids start out. This started about 5 years ago, some of the first people I hired are still with the division, maybe in the next couple years If they stay, I'll promote them to the big landscaping company. Some people I've hired only stay a few months, and they get other jobs somewhere else. Currently this division has 8 employees, 2 trucks, and three trailers. They do vets for free. They get a lot of business too, I'd say about 40 lawns on an average week, 35 lawns on a good week, and 28 on a poor week. But that's just mowing. They have other landscape jobs to do instead of mowing.

I am curious how you make money cutting grass for $20 an acre. We shoot for $30 to &35 or more unless it is several acres. Just one acre we need $45 or more.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Was asked to bid a trailer park today.
3 acres 2 acres is wide open just grass 1 acre has 14 trailers.

Looked at it and shot out $200 per cut every other week. Now thinking should have said $300.

I hate bidding jobs like this.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I am curious how you make money cutting grass for $20 an acre. We shoot for $30 to &35 or more unless it is several acres. Just one acre we need $45 or more.

My business is a combined home improvement/landscaping business. We specialize in home improvement (remodels ,roofing, installation, insulation, carpentry, concrete, painting, decks, docks, etc) property care, and landscaping. You can make some good money in home improvement business. I make WAY more $ than people think. I don't just cut grass all day. And if it takes an hour or more to mow, it's an additional $10/acre. I mow at $15/acre small lawns and $20/acre large lawns. Some lawns are several acres, and take over an hour to do. Some lawns are small or average sized and can sometimes take an hour or more. Most of our customers are residential, but lots of are customers are commercial and industrial (chain stores, supermarkets, businesses, etc, and the lots are big.) Add blowing, trimming, stuff like that and it all adds up. I even have plant care contracts, some just gardens and greenhouses, and others can be hay fields and corn fields.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads

Looked at it and shot out $200 per cut every other week. Now thinking should have said $300.

Depends on the trimming. That could be 50$/acre with 1 hour of trimming which would be good, but if you have to trim around each trailer and there gardens, entrances and such, it will probably take more time.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads

it's a tough one but it sounds like you bid it right. if it only takes you a couple hours you did alright at $200. I feel your pain brother its hard to bid something like that because there's so many variables. good luck I hope it works out

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I do it by the acre for mowing. I charge around $20-25/acre I do the same thing for vets, I do their landscaping for free. And I can't even count how many lawns I get a week.

I also have a division of my company, They charge $15/acre for all lawns, this division is where some of the rookies and high school kids start out. This started about 5 years ago, some of the first people I hired are still with the division, maybe in the next couple years If they stay, I'll promote them to the big landscaping company. Some people I've hired only stay a few months, and they get other jobs somewhere else. Currently this division has 8 employees, 2 trucks, and three trailers. They do vets for free. They get a lot of business too, I'd say about 40 lawns on an average week, 35 lawns on a good week, and 28 on a poor week. But that's just mowing. They have other landscape jobs to do instead of mowing.

I'm a vet send them by my place man I need some landscaping and I'll let them mow my yard to lol. all jokes aside doing that for veterans is a pretty cool thing you've going on. where are you based out of

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I stay away from bidding jobs, I stay strictly Residential. Give them a price and they take or they leave it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I stay away from bidding jobs, I stay strictly Residential. Give them a price and they take or they leave it.

Heck ya I have bid a few places but I would rather stay with ressy