Just got rip off by Gardner

KM Richards

Threads
I am now putting them on a 6 month no order status which means I will not be ordering from them for 6 months.

That'll teach 'em! thumbsup2.gif

Of course they don't give a fat rat's back side...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That'll teach 'em! View attachment 67225

Of course they don't give a fat rat's back side...
But at least they not getting my money...for a while and I might even find someone else to buy from in the meantime. That what happen last time when I picked up RBI and Rotary.

This year alone RBI got $4758 so far and Gardner only got $917. I know it is just speck in the bucket. And this only part of the $23,000 I spent on parts so far this year.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just think what it would be if it wasn't for after market parts.

Just finished Scag Turf Cat where Scag wanted $2,100 just for the wheel motor. With aftermarket I got it down to $980 for the customer. Of course there were other repair parts used so he got out of the shop at $1,350. All the damage was cause by the previous shop not torquing the wheel motor nut to 200+ ft/lbs.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most mine are running in the 300-500 range this year. Although one just left two weeks ago that nearly $1K, last one left that was $1.4K and I just torn down one that probably going to be around $1.5K. It getting a new short block, the customer did an oil change and now he needs a short block at least. KOhler is taking 12-18 weeks for a new engine but was only 1-2 weeks to get me a short block. Now if I can get the flywheel off without breaking the ring gear. Just didn't want spend $300 for a puller but it look like have to.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have never used a jaw type puller on a flywheel. Air hammer has always worked.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have had several in the $4K + range replacing the engine with a kit with the necessary hardware to up grade the mower to replacement engine since the Generac is NLA. It is something to see these people put that kind of money in an old Dixie Chopper with the manual blade engage. But they love these old mowers and never seem to wear out.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
$4K. Ouch! My last repower was like $1500 but it was an easy swap.