Just got rip off by Gardner

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well I place an order earlier this week that Gardner split in two orders. First order I got a $13.99 normal shipping charge. The second part which was part in my initial order the Homelite items were only $5.61 total but they tack on a $20.75 shipping charge. Way out line for what was ordered. I am now putting them on a 6 month no order status which means I will not be ordering from them for 6 months.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
@StarTech Been down that road myself. Gardner treats separate warehouse shipments as separate orders.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I looked into Gardner. Decided not to set up an account. Once had an on-line parts house want to charge me a special order fee on top of the shipping for a $5 part. No thanks. Got it off ebay for $8 with free shipping.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I do used my head on most small orders but meet the order minimum and some.

And the last time I had a problem with them it took seven months to straighten out so they lost a lot business to RBI last year.

Either way they will get less orders from me from now on as I got other vendors that fill the same part orders. I actually asked them to cancel all my current back orders and apparently they are refusing to do that too so the next phase kicks immediately and that is all orders that normally go to them will be rerouted to other vendors. At least I will know what I am paying up front so I can bill my customers correctly.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like stens. No surprises. Only issue is all the out if stock items. They are stocking more AM cube carbs and carb kits. I am installing fewer and fewer OEM parts and more AM parts.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes we two sell the AM parts when a spindle assy for a Cub Cadet $139.95. Buy the AM for a lot less and sell the three assys for $159.95. Huge savings for customer an we make a good profit.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I do have accounts with both Rotary and Stens but there are some things that you have to get OEM.

Mentioning Rotary some of the product are defective and I have to get credit for them or replacement items. Like the depth gauge tools I just got in where the .025 and .030 depths were both .032 so the tools were useless. And the one gauge wheel bolt completely threaded wrong (that slip by quality control at the factory). About four year I got in 5 Rotary Cub Cadet spindles that were defective. They got returned for credit. That when I learned what tapered bearings Cub Cadet was using and I rebuilt the three spindle at that time.

I also had problems with Stens parts too but every company will time to time have a problem as long they make good on the problem is all I ask.

I do have one item from Rotary that is on b/o right now and it been five months but I had stock on hand and wasn't worried until I ran out last week.

As for being out of stock is why I got multiple vendors online here. One or more out of stock but usually one has what I am needing.

But I agree Hammer it seems I am installing more AM parts here too.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am almost out of RC12YC plugs and rolling up on a bunch of end of season service. Been out of stock at stens most of the year. Really??? May have to get a couple shop packs from the internet. when I need OEM I just suffer with ordering from Jack's even though most stuff takes a month or so. I don't use a lot of OEM stuff.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just switch to NGK-2460 (BKR5ES) plugs. They are $2.02 from either Gardner or RBI. Stens is pushing the Torch plugs as a replacement for the RC12YC.

And if you insist on Champion Gardner and RBI both has the 71 (RC12YC) in stock. Few pennies cheaper than the NGK plugs.