Hustler Raptor SD Discharge Trouble

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Part number is not found on the Oregon site.

image-4139343420.png

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well there you go then.

kraky

Threads
I Ran those same Gator blades on my raptor SD last year. Every year before winter sets in I go around the house and trim all the lilac bushes and shrubs... raked a lot of crap including a lot of trimming from Evergreens out on the lawn. There was a bunch of half inch and under twigs. The Raptor went through em like nothing.
In five to ten minutes with two to three passes from different directions and you couldn't hardly see anything. Those blades were just a sharp after I did it as they were before.... it was no effort for the deck to do that at all!

NorthernTown

Threads
Well, tomorrow I'm hauling it down to the dealer and they're going to take a look at it. Hopefully they can come up with something. He did offer me a trade-up to a Fastrak, which is another $1800, so we'll see what happens. I guess I'm not too confident they'll find anything wrong, but maybe the engine RPM's are too slow. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Wish me luck!!!!

kraky

Threads
Fwiw... I had the raptor SD for a year and then went to the fas track this spring..... Everything about the fastrack is nicer.... Quieter and smoother... it cuts better.... Much better traction.... Steering seems more precise.... I don't regret spending extra money one bit.
Everybody who's made the move says the same things I just wrote.

577jersey

Threads
Well, tomorrow I'm hauling it down to the dealer and they're going to take a look at it. Hopefully they can come up with something. He did offer me a trade-up to a Fastrak, which is another $1800, so we'll see what happens. I guess I'm not too confident they'll find anything wrong, but maybe the engine RPM's are too slow. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Wish me luck!!!!
The RSD 54 does leave a pretty good windrow when the grass is high and damp,,I find I most always have to double cut to make it look really nice..like I said,,that opening is going to have a date with my 4-1/2" angle grinder soon as the warranty runs out...Im going to cut the bottom bar off and make the chute opening quite a bit bigger....I bet its fine after that.

kraky

Threads
I know my dealer wouldn't give me any crap about cutting out the corner triangle but cutting that bar off might be a different story. I'd start with the triangle and see if that's all you need. To me the only possible risk is if somebody got hurt by something coming out of that chut you might be letting the company off from any liability situation.?

577jersey

Threads
I know my dealer wouldn't give me any crap about cutting out the corner triangle but cutting that bar off might be a different story. I'd start with the triangle and see if that's all you need. To me the only possible risk is if somebody got hurt by something coming out of that chut you might be letting the company off from any liability situation.?
Yeah,,that ramp and the triangle need to go..I cant imagine how much better it would discharge without those in the way...I was thinking to bend and weld a nice piece of flat stock up and around the opening for a little more support after i do cut it,,if I still have this mower.