Hustler Raptor SD Discharge Trouble

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The gator blade is a mulching blade.
The back wings throw the grass towards the center of the blade so the grass will stay under the deck. And get cut 4 to 5 times. This is the reason the grass cut clumped up under the deck. They are not high lift blades they are mulching blades. The reason they do not clog the shoot up as much as regular blades. Is because they do not discharge the grass as fast or as much.

This is because the grass being discharged is in smaller pieces so when a clump hits the chute, it breaks up and passes through insted of bridging.
Much like the difference between tipping out a bag of sawdust comparred to a bag of curls.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
That Toro runs the light ezt Transmissions that Hydro Gear makes. They are self contained with no filters or oil changes... but they do have a pretty good record for staying together as I think carscw can attest.

I love the EZT drives. The only problem I have had with them. Is I broke a axle on a 2007 toro. My fault I was running super lug tires. Got a upgrade kit for $140 came with a one inch axle and new gears. I still use this mower in my pasture.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What drives are in that toro?? 3100?? If so,,$3k is a great deal man,,dont know how they do it...My SD is awesome so far,,i cut crazy sloped lawns and some cow paths,,i just take it real easy over the ruff stuff. It does need better tires,the discharge opening needs too meet my angle grinder,,and other than a few bolts upgraded or spun around the other way,,its been a great machine to me,,hope too keep it for at least 1000 hours..than i will look into that Toro for sure,,a fabbed deck is a must for me though,,I just cant deal with the stamped design..looks so cheesey to me....

I like the stamped deck I feel it gives s better cut.

577jersey

Threads
I like the stamped deck I feel it gives s better cut.
Ok yeah,,we had an older JD with a stamped and the deck just seemed to have great suction and flow,,left a really nice cut and stripe...the RSD leaves a scraggler here and there,,especially if the blades are not sharp...all the mowers I had left scragglers though...alot of times it depends on the type of grass also.
Good to know that those lighter hydros hold up well.

wingrider

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use the gator blades in the fall and winter.
I don't run them year round because they only last 5 weeks at $60 a set.
My low lift blades last 8 weeks at $38 a set.

I found a place to order them online that ended up at about $31 a set shipped.

577jersey

Threads
Yeah,I need a set of G5's to,I have two sets of stock blades.
You have to watch those cheaper blades,,sometimes they are junk metal.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is not a gator blade but a cheep knock off.