Husqvarna RZ4824F Wiring Problem

Bat57

Threads
1) Yes I read your post and wrote a reasonably comprehensive answer to your no start problem
2) the wiring diagram I found does not show a B & W wire either but does show a 2 terminal seat switch
3) Husqvarna is known for making changes to their wiring , sending out dealers updates but not changing the printed owners manual
3) Husqvarna is the only company that fits the and tamper switches & I have found them on mowers and not shown in the wiring diagrams
5) Yes I have read the manuals, done the trade courses got the certificates and run a repair business
6) here are a lot of people who come here where English is their 2nd 3rd 4th or 5 th language so they may or may not understand what is being aid to them
7) you are there with the mower I am around 10,000 miles away so it is a bit hard to see your mower from here
8) yes I looked at the wiring diagrams in fact I checked 11 of them looking for that B & W wire . however I can read & understand them it would appear that you have difficulties or you would have seen that the lap bar switches & seat switch & brake switches & PTO switch are all connected to one another via the brown wire which is connected to the magneto kill wire ( although that is not shown past the engine pig tail )
9) you got the mower second hand with faulty wiring & replaced the key switch , without trying to do any diagnosis, we have no idea if you bought the correct switch or not as you did not post the numbers nor do we know if any or all of the switches fitted are right or wrong as the switches come both NO & NC and on more than one occasion I have found an owners bought the cheapest of two switches which of course was wrong .

However as I do have manners and do not impose where I am not wanted then I shall wish you all the very best & happy mowing
I have had several threads on here and in each and every one of them I have never stated or Implied that I am a Certified Small Engine Mechanic or have run a business repairing mowers. So I do not come on here and dismiss advice I get from others like they don't know anything and are stupid. As I do have experience working on vehicle engines, and small engines with electronics experience on reading schematics I feel I can say I am not a beginner. The way you came across in the post before this one was Aragant and Insulting. You could have easily said I want to help but i am having trouble understanding what you are having trouble with. So let me ask these questions so that I can better understand what you are having trouble with understanding my answers. I bought this mower used from a friend and he said all it needed was a new key switch. I have replaced all the parts on here using Husqvarna part numbers. He had been crossing the solenoid to start the motor. The new switch didn't work to start the motor. That's when I noticed the wiring problems. I checked all the Safety switches for continuity and found the Brake switch was bad but found one of the control arms Safety switches was cracked pretty bad at the prong that touches the control arm. Replaced it as well. Then I took the wiring harness off and did a continuity test on every wire from the starter switch to the PTO switch and from there to the rest of the length of all the wires. Everything good, no breaks in the wires anywhere. Replaced the solenoid with a new 3 post one per parts lookup. Motor stars and runs fine now even when I disengage the parking braking brake but as soon as as I move one of the control arms inward the engine tries to shut off. As someone that is married to a woman that English is not her native or first language I understand how that is. when you ask someone that, that is on an English speaking website the way you did it comes across as very rude an offensive. My wife speaks and reads and writes English fluently but has a little accent from her native language, she still gets asked if she can speak English good because of it. And she is a college graduate. So this is the Model number and the parts I have replaced on it just to get it to start with a key. I appreciate all the advice from the people on here I get because I know I can never know everything about everything. Thanks. MODEL- 967003801-00 (2012-02) Ignition switch-539107541/ 532175566 Brake switch-539113792 Interlock switch-532109553/ 539101080 Solenoid-539101714 As I appreciate everyone's help I hope this information helps you understand what i am explaining on here as I know you nor anyone else on here can see the actual mower I am talking about. If you decide not to answer then have a good day and continued success in helping others.

Bat57

Threads
It doesn't matter if you have a 2 prong or 4 prong both style of connectors can have shorting strip.

Since we don't what was done before you got the mower anything is possible.

Find the brown wire at the brake switch that comes from the lap bars and temporary remove it and test. There also maybe a second brown wire coming in from the PTO switch you may try each one.

I suspect you a wiring problem at the brake switch as seems you a couple poles swapped.
View attachment 66183
If I am correct this switch has two NO poles and one NC pole.

NO = normally open
NC = normally closed
Thank you for the information. I removed the wiring harness and checked each wire individually for continuity from the starter switch connector to the PTO connector and from there all the way to the end of each wire at the other connectors in the harness. All wires were good. No breaks anywhere and continuity through each wire. There are only four poles on the brake switch that Husqvarna uses on this model. Brake switch-539113792. (2-NO and 2-NC)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You mistaking the number terminals for poles. Now if the switch don't look like the image I posted then you have the wrong switch. You should have a six terminal connector.
1691338308621.png

The 2 pole 4 terminal switch looks like this.
1691338714837.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Wiring Schematic for the 967003801-00
1691347095253.png

Bat57

Threads
You mistaking the number terminals for poles. Now if the switch don't look like the image I posted then you have the wrong switch. You should have a six terminal connector.
View attachment 66188

The 2 pole 4 terminal switch looks like this.
View attachment 66190
Hi. I appreciate the help. Ok, I meant 4 terminal switch. I have the same switch in the picture you sent. Part# 539113792. The Control Arms use a 4 terminal switch as well. Part#532109533/ 539101080. I replaced one of those because of condition but the other one tested good. I am going to try and add some pictures of the wiring connectors and the brake switch. B switch is for Brake.

Attachments

• B switch 1.jpg
    B switch 1.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 1
  • B switch 2.jpg
    B switch 2.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 1
  • B switch 3.jpg
    B switch 3.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 1
  • B switch con. 1.jpg
    B switch con. 1.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 1
  • B switch con. 2.jpg
    B switch con. 2.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 1
  • B switch con.3.jpg
    B switch con.3.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 1
  • L control arm conector.jpg
    L control arm conector.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 1
  • R control arm con. 3.jpg
    R control arm con. 3.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Solenoid wire area 2.jpg
    Solenoid wire area 2.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 0
  • solenoild wires 1.jpg
    solenoild wires 1.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 0

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Houston we have a problem.

Your wiring is not matching the model number given. Also the 539113792 switch when I look it up here and on the internet all are showing a 3 pole switch and not a two pole switch. Btw I have a couple of the switches setup for my next distributor order as they are the same as the CUB ones I need but at a quarter of the price.

Look like rewiring is needed so it matches the wiring diagram. This depends how good you are at following the wiring schematic and have appropriate wire, terminals, and housings or you just replace the harness and install the correct switch.

Harness is PN 515980501 > 580798101.

Bat57

Threads
Houston we have a problem.

Your wiring is not matching the model number given. Also the 539113792 switch when I look it up here and on the internet all are showing a 3 pole switch and not a two pole switch. Btw I have a couple of the switches setup for my next distributor order as they are the same as the CUB ones I need but at a quarter of the price.

Look like rewiring is needed so it matches the wiring diagram. This depends how good you are at following the wiring schematic and have appropriate wire, terminals, and housings or you just replace the harness and install the correct switch.

Harness is PN 515980501 > 580798101.
I am not sure what is going on because it is the same part number you sent me in the last post that it should be. Thanks for the info.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well I can't just ordering a $6.50 switch and pay $16 shipping + the below minimum surcharge to get it in from the Husqvarna distributor just to prove that it is indeed a three pole switch.

I can't be any further help so I am dropping out of this thread.

Bat57

Threads
Well I can't just ordering a $6.50 switch and pay $16 shipping + the below minimum surcharge to get it in from the Husqvarna distributor just to prove that it is indeed a three pole switch.

I can't be any further help so I am dropping out of this thread.
Thank you for all your help and the info about the wrong wiring harness. Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I know I said I will drop out but I will add another point
With those push in safety switches, wear in the switch where it clips in plus wear in the switch plus wear in whatever pushes the plunger down can mean the plunger does not move far enough
Particularly with brake switches I put a self tapper into the end of the plunger to make it longer .
Because of their locations it is very hard to back probe them in situ so people push the plunger all the way down to test them when in practice it only goes 1/3 to 1/2 way down
Then some times there is a build up inside the switch so when it is depressed fully the crud is pushed out of the way so the switch now works again .
And remember this is not face book so we know nothing about the mower or you till we are told
So the safe assumption is the person on the other end knows absolutely nothing and dropped out of schooling after kindergarden
This deters us from using jargon that only techs understand which can result in to poster being injured because they did not understand what was posted
There are thousands of people on this forum and unless your thread goes on for a very long time I for one will never remember you as there are up to 100 posts a day most of which I skim over so you could have been here 20 times but few will remember you as we are primarily concerned about your mower problems
Australia does not have a fire arm problem so we tend to be blunt & strait forward ( very similar to Germans )