How Could I Make Flyers Look More Professional?

Threads
Thanks. It usually looks better than that, but with the tape, and the fact that I found the flier in the garage, and isn't in color, kind of takes away from it. I think I'll try the yard sign idea, maybe give a discount to one of our customer (my yard would prob deter customers), and then see if I can get some nicer fliers (maybe thicker and glossy) Do you think more color would add some appeal? Like a background of a lawn?

See, I actually like simple, but I feel that some don't. I tried to find something in the middle, but I don't know. But for $10 a mow, you must have some pretty small yards there in Michigan.

You don't want it to get crowded or hard to read, but it might look nice! :thumbsup:

X-man

Threads
You don't want it to get crowded or hard to read, but it might look nice! :thumbsup:

When I add a background this winter I might make the background a picture of grass :tongue:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I add a background this winter I might make the background a picture of grass :tongue:

I've done this and just about every local landscaper has that background make your own or just two tone it I handed out a card to this lady a while back and she showed me 5 others with the same vistaprint free grass background. I'm making my own soon.

BHLC

Threads
733blog.com does all my designs

LawnBoy97

Threads
I've done this and just about every local landscaper has that background make your own or just two tone it I handed out a card to this lady a while back and she showed me 5 others with the same vistaprint free grass background. I'm making my own soon.

I feel like the two tone would be good. I haven't seen any other of my design (We used Vistaprint) but I might try the two tone thing, easy yet original (as in you can pick what shades of colors/design). Does anyone know where to get some fliers printed at? I usually just go to the library, but their paper is super thin.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I feel like the two tone would be good. I haven't seen any other of my design (We used Vistaprint) but I might try the two tone thing, easy yet original (as in you can pick what shades of colors/design). Does anyone know where to get some fliers printed at? I usually just go to the library, but their paper is super thin.

Fed ex, ups, copy stores, buy your own

Threads

I print them out myself and last year I got some neon-colored printer paper to print it on. It's better than just white. And I would rather do it that way than put a colored background on it on the computer because when you print it out there will still be small margins that are white, but if you use the colored printer paper the color is on both sides out to the edges.

Colored-Paper.jpeg

(http://www.inktechnologies.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Colored-Paper.jpeg)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not to put a damper on things but if you guys spent as much money on your equipment and payed as much attention to the job and let your work be your advertisement you would be further ahead. Word of mouth will get you a lot further in this business than all the flyers you can have made. You can get 250 business cards for free at vista print, get those and stick them on surrounding doors where you already have clients and if your work is good enough to compete you'll gain clients by referral and word of mouth. Personally when I see flyers stuck on mail boxes or on door knobs I think or see someone who probably isn't good enough or that doesn't have the equipment to do a proper job but when the guy two houses down comes to me and says this guys doing my lawn at this price and does a great job and you need to call him, I look at the guys lawn and see a great job guess where I'm going. As the old saying goes Proofs in the Pudding not on paper.

Threads
Not to put a damper on things but if you guys spent as much money on your equipment and payed as much attention to the job and let your work be your advertisement you would be further ahead. Word of mouth will get you a lot further in this business than all the flyers you can have made. You can get 250 business cards for free at vista print, get those and stick them on surrounding doors where you already have clients and if your work is good enough to compete you'll gain clients by referral and word of mouth. Personally when I see flyers stuck on mail boxes or on door knobs I think or see someone who probably isn't good enough or that doesn't have the equipment to do a proper job but when the guy two houses down comes to me and says this guys doing my lawn at this price and does a great job and you need to call him, I look at the guys lawn and see a great job guess where I'm going. As the old saying goes Proofs in the Pudding not on paper.

Well yeah I get lots of lawns that way, but not everyone looks at other people's lawns so for them there are flyers.

X-man

Threads
I print them out myself and last year I got some neon-colored printer paper to print it on. It's better than just white. And I would rather do it that way than put a colored background on it on the computer because when you print it out there will still be small margins that are white, but if you use the colored printer paper the color is on both sides out to the edges.

Colored-Paper.jpeg

(http://www.inktechnologies.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Colored-Paper.jpeg)

Also if you print a whole-page background like that it pretty much sends your color ink to hell.