How Could I Make Flyers Look More Professional?

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
image-1526575361.jpg

I agree a simple clean card is best. I've lettered trucks and pressure wash my mowers twice a month. Myself and my employees are always in tan work pants with kiwi green company shirts and company ball caps. I've actually got more business from people seeing my trucks and just coming outside and talking to a crew member.

LawnBoy97

Threads
View attachment 15910

I agree a simple clean card is best. I've lettered trucks and pressure wash my mowers twice a month. Myself and my employees are always in tan work pants with kiwi green company shirts and company ball caps. I've actually got more business from people seeing my trucks and just coming outside and talking to a crew member.

Yeah, I like your card. I agree that looking professional as a person is also important, and I do notice when I see others working. Maybe we'll have to try that as well.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
We paid to have an audit done for the cost of flyers, time it takes to put them out and what was the return. Out of 1000 flyers sent or physically put out we saw about 1% return or gained about 10 customers. Not to discourage you because everyone has different results and we still do 500 flyers a year and get different results every year.

We get involved with local charities like a little league team and let them decorate a trailer then use our nicest company truck to pull them in a parade or team photo or whatever.

image-460822189.jpg

We also do a lot with local breast cancer organizations. Helping kids and women is a great way to establish your company in your area. The guys that work for me volunteer time for these charities also. It's a huge win win. We give pink wheel barrows to the breast cancer organizations all the time for silent auctions.

Threads

View attachment 15913

We also do a lot with local breast cancer organizations. Helping kids and women is a great way to establish your company in your area. The guys that work for me volunteer time for these charities also. It's a huge win win. We give pink wheel barrows to the breast cancer organizations all the time for silent auctions.

That's pretty cool! :thumbsup:

Threads
We paid to have an audit done for the cost of flyers, time it takes to put them out and what was the return. Out of 1000 flyers sent or physically put out we saw about 1% return or gained about 10 customers. Not to discourage you because everyone has different results and we still do 500 flyers a year and get different results every year.

I have a great return on my flyers, but I just work in my neighborhood so people know me. I handed out 130 flyers and have had close to 50 customers out of that this year! :thumbsup:

LawnBoy97

Threads
I have a great return on my flyers, but I just work in my neighborhood so people know me. I handed out 130 flyers and have had close to 50 customers out of that this year! :thumbsup:

Most of our new customers, well actually all but one of our customers, were people that were outside when we were passing out the flyers, so we were actually able to talk to them. I think next year we are gonna go to the next neighborhood over, which is probably like an eighth of a mile away, so it's not bad.

sgmgarden

Threads
Try not to over word things and write things that don't necessarily need to be there. For example use short and snappy sentences. Make sure the flyer is attractive as well. You don't want it to be plain and dull. Try using colours associated with garden and lawn care, and use an image or two as well to liven it up. I hope this helps

LawnBoy97

Threads
Try not to over word things and write things that don't necessarily need to be there. For example use short and snappy sentences. Make sure the flyer is attractive as well. You don't want it to be plain and dull. Try using colours associated with garden and lawn care, and use an image or two as well to liven it up. I hope this helps

Yeah, thanks. I actually got my signs and cards in the mail yesterday, but I kept the same stuff in mind while making them.