How Could I Make Flyers Look More Professional?

LawnBoy97

Threads
Hi, I have a small lawn mowing business with a friend, and although we have gotten a few more yards, we really only have about 5 regulars. now this does keep us busy, but I would really like to expand for next year. I'd like to get a few more flyers/business card ideas finished with this year, that way we can be ready for next March to pass em out. So anyways, does anyone have any pointers, or even a few examples to make ours look more professional? I'll try and scan our current stuff to give you an idea of what we do (and where we are at in terms of advertising) as soon as I get the scanner hooked up. Thanks a lot!

Threads
Hi, I have a small lawn mowing business with a friend, and although we have gotten a few more yards, we really only have about 5 regulars. now this does keep us busy, but I would really like to expand for next year. I'd like to get a few more flyers/business card ideas finished with this year, that way we can be ready for next March to pass em out. So anyways, does anyone have any pointers, or even a few examples to make ours look more professional? I'll try and scan our current stuff to give you an idea of what we do (and where we are at in terms of advertising) as soon as I get the scanner hooked up. Thanks a lot!

This is my third year in business. And I only work in my neighborhood (for now). The first year I only had like one regular, and 5 other short-term people. It was wimpy, but hey, I started in like August...not the best time! Then last year I increased the marketing to over 100 flyers and a yard sign. I had around 7-8 regular people and ended up doing around 14 a week. Now this year is just crazy for me.. I handed out around 130 flyers, and got a more professional yard sign. This year I have 12-14 regular's a week, and I get tons of vacation people. I end up mowing 20-25 lawns a week!! :dance1: I'll post the format of my yard sign and flyers this afternoon. :smile:

BHLC

Threads
Keep it clean and simple, if it gets too busy people will just toss it!

Attachments

• image-521303710.jpg
    image-521303710.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 33
  • image-2211091720.jpg
    image-2211091720.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 31
  • image-3157872347.jpg
    image-3157872347.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 34

CauZey

Threads
Lawn signs are great but in my area they are useless. Cost me 10$ a pop and as soon as you stick them in the dirt people will come and remove/steal them. Idk if its just competition here or what but its very discouraging

LawnBoy97

Threads
Okay, thanks for all of the responses so far. We have handed out quite a few flyers, I'd say at least a hundred, but I'm starting to think that maybe we need a more professional name. We are currently the Lawn Care Crew with a slogan "Providing the Best lawn care for you!" It was nice at first, but now I am starting to think that people might not be taking us seriously (Although we do better work than most of the "professionals" around here.

A yard sign might be good. We have had issues with people taking like garage sale and political signs, but I see a lot of businesses advertising this way, so I might try it.

BHLC

Threads
The lawn signs can get pricey! Especially if people just walk off w them! I put out about 6 a year and knock on wood have always gotten them back!

X-man

Threads
Okay, thanks for all of the responses so far. We have handed out quite a few flyers, I'd say at least a hundred, but I'm starting to think that maybe we need a more professional name. We are currently the Lawn Care Crew with a slogan "Providing the Best lawn care for you!" It was nice at first, but now I am starting to think that people might not be taking us seriously (Although we do better work than most of the "professionals" around here.

A yard sign might be good. We have had issues with people taking like garage sale and political signs, but I see a lot of businesses advertising this way, so I might try it.

I'll show a copy of one of my flyers later. Using my smartphone at starbucks right now.

My business name is "Abbott's Lawncare" and my slogan is "Always on the cutting edge!"

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The lawn signs can get pricey! Especially if people just walk off w them! I put out about 6 a year and knock on wood have always gotten them back!

Lucky.... I put out 5 on all different sides of town and all 5 are gone 2 of them people left the stand and just took the sign :/

Threads
I only put a sign out in my yard, due to the fact it can get very pricey. My sign was $60. :eek:

X-man

Threads
Here's a picture of my business card:

card.jpg

Very basic, I know. This winter I might go on vistaprint and put a background on it.