How adept are you, mechanically?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good one. 95% consider themseves above 50%. Love to see the math behind that. You are on dangerous ground talking about men and women drivers my friend. LOL.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thses type of surveys that ask you to evaluate yourself at anything are always fun when the results come in

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don’t really think it is important on how you evaluate yourself, but how other people evaluate you. When your8n business I feel this is more important.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thses type of surveys that ask you to evaluate yourself at anything are always fun when the results come in
Back in 2009 the company reassessed the technician pay scale and all of a sudden i was over the max. My reward for 30 years of excellent reviews. We had to do self evaluation every year before our merit review. Mine said "walks on water and God asks me questions." Manager said that was not acceptable. I said what are you going to do? Not give a raise? Manager changed it to some corporate babble. I got a glowing review and a pat on the back.

upupandaway

Threads
My favorite is 'The Far Side' comic of a classroom where the teacher is pointing to a drawing of a screw driver and screw on the board. The title is "class for the mechanically DEclined".

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well I can honestly say that on a "scale" of 1 to 10 I'm 185 lbs.

justinrohrer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Probably a 3. I do some carb work and other minor things, especially electrical.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think I'm a 1 sometimes. Other times I'm patting myself on the back.