Here is a good one you guys to figure out.

olie01

Threads
33R877-0002-G1 2014.

Would not idle below 2500; unless, when it did it was backfiring through the carburetor so bad that I actually seen the flywheel to kick back. This had at time kill the engine. I have since repaired the problem and it now idles at 1750 without a problem.

Another shop sold this mower is this condition and even put on a Chinese clone carburetor trying to resolver the problem. He claimed he repaired the problem but it definitely was never fixed. This shop is an insult to us true mechanics and he actually ripoff the customer as I got to bill for my work even the customer had already paid out $800 for the used Craftsman 46" cut mower.

olie01

Threads
The internal governor is broken. when it goes out the engine only runs at high speed or what ever the governor was set at.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The internal governor is broken. when it goes out the engine only runs at high speed or what ever the governor was set at.
Have you even bother to read the full thread? It was a pre-ignition problem.

woodysand

Forum Newbie
Threads
Probably not your problem but if the gap has to be set at twice the normal to prevent rubbing then the flywheel is a little out of round or the crank is slightly bent

OrtisEvans

Threads
Interesting! Help me out: what is a carb restrictor for? Also, are many of the replacement carbs that bad? I have had not had the pleasure of needing one. My newest small, 4-cycle engine is more than 20 years old and I have never had to replace a carb on one.

enigma-2

Threads
Misadjusted idle adjustment, i.e. screwed all the way in and not initially backed out to the preset level (at a minimum).

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Interesting! Help me out: what is a carb restrictor for? Also, are many of the replacement carbs that bad? I have had not had the pleasure of needing one. My newest small, 4-cycle engine is more than 20 years old and I have never had to replace a carb on one.
IT a way to limit HP. Even heard of restrictor plate auto racing? Those engines are limited to a certain no matter how the mechanic tune the engines.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Misadjusted idle adjustment, i.e. screwed all the way in and not initially backed out to the preset level (at a minimum).
Come on folks please read the thread completely before posting as this was ruled out. All the initial guesses were way off base too. I am just going shake my head.

The idle mixture of the carburetor had effect except to kill the engine when fully screw in. Even the idle speed screw only sped up or slowed down the engine. There was a restriction in the idle circuit called an idle jet that was way under sized by Chinese OEM as they were just selling a will fit carburetor.

Anyway the customer came by yesterday and was very happy with the way the engine is now running when compared to a week ago. Just got though fixing a factory defect on the deck and got to a set blades for a 46" deck since I am currently out of them. Probably will buy a couple dozen.

sallyphilip

Forum Newbie
Threads
33R877-0002-G1 2014.

Would not idle below 2500; unless, when it did it was backfiring through the carburetor so bad that I actually seen the flywheel to kick back. This had at time kill the engine. I have since repaired the problem and it now idles at 1750 without a problem.

Another shop sold this mower is this condition and even put on a Chinese clone carburetor trying to resolver the problem. He claimed he repaired the problem but it definitely was never fixed. This shop is an insult to us true mechanics and he actually ripoff the customer as I got to bill for my work even the customer had already paid out $800 for the used Craftsman 46" cut mower.
out of time

LarryO

Forum Newbie
Threads
This guy is really an expert.