HELP !!!!! This snapper ZT is driving to the looney bin.

Mutt

Threads
  • / HELP !!!!! This snapper ZT is driving to the looney bin.
Ok, Thanks y'all. I moved the guide to the right side of the deck. This made a vast improvement, but the belt still pops off if you try to cut at more than about 1/8 mph and also every time you do a zero turn

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then it sounds something else moving out place too.

I know it a pain but sometimes takes a lot things to get one working right. First you got to narrow to where coming off at. I seen things like this to have multiple all at once and got to get each fixed. Just remember don't pull your hair out as that wouldn't help. I have at times just scream at the top my lungs with frustration, walk away, and few days try again to only find problem was just staring me in the face all along. Pateince is key to solving problems like this.

bkeller500

Threads
Ok, Thanks y'all. I moved the guide to the right side of the deck. This made a vast improvement, but the belt still pops off if you try to cut at more than about 1/8 mph and also every time you do a zero turn
Can you retry to engage the blades with the deck at a higher setting and again at a low setting to see if it makes any difference? Wondering if the lift support is attached to the deck improperly. Had a Simplicity Courier zero turn ( very similar model) you might search under that model and see if there is a similar post.

Mutt

Threads
I moved the guide to the right side. Tremendous improvement , but the belt still pops off if ya mow at 1/8 mph or do a zero turn

Mutt

Threads
Then it sounds something else moving out place too.

I know it a pain but sometimes takes a lot things to get one working right. First you got to narrow to where coming off at. I seen things like this to have multiple all at once and got to get each fixed. Just remember don't pull your hair out as that wouldn't help. I have at times just scream at the top my lungs with frustration, walk away, and few days try again to only find problem was just staring me in the face all along. Pateince is key to solving problems like this.
I am happy to do any thing any one suggests. I just got to get it mowing. My friends Kubota literally can mow circles around this one

Mutt

Threads
Can you retry to engage the blades with the deck at a higher setting and again at a low setting to see if it makes any difference? Wondering if the lift support is attached to the deck improperly. Had a Simplicity Courier zero turn ( very similar model) you might search under that model and see if there is a similar post.
I'll try that next and see what happens

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am happy to do any thing any one suggests. I just got to get it mowing. My friends Kubota literally can mow circles around this one
Spring tension on the pulleys or the pulleys themselves are likely causing the continuing problems. The part with the two pulleys that pivot on the two shafts shouldn’t have any slop in them. Check them and grease them.
When engaging the blades, make sure that you have the deck set to the height that you are going to mow. In other words, don’t engage the blades and then lower the deck.

Mutt

Threads
Spring tension on the pulleys or the pulleys themselves are likely causing the continuing problems. The part with the two pulleys that pivot on the two shafts shouldn’t have any slop in them. Check them and grease them.
When engaging the blades, make sure that you have the deck set to the height that you are going to mow. In other words, don’t engage the blades and then lower the deck.
got it. I never move the deck. I'll check those 2 pulleys for slop.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
got it. I never move the deck. I'll check those 2 pulleys for slop.
Also check to make sure your PTO clutch is torqued down properly to the engines to drive shaft.

Mutt

Threads
I seem to spend more time looking for the parts diagrams for this mower and working on it. Does anyone have a link to a parts book for this particular model? There are 2 arms, that run from the back side of the deck to the rear end. Stabilizer bars? Im just wondering if the round ends of these 2 bars are supposed to have bushings in them. As it sits right now, the bar's have like a 1 1/8 or so bores and the attaching bolts are 1/2" diameter. Seems extremely sloppy to me. I've looked til I am blue in the face for a picture of this stuff with part #'s and I cant find it any where. Only the deck itself and the spindles,etc. No sway bars or it's parts in any diagram I have seen. Also, it it just because the mower is 15 years old that the spindles cost $250-$325 EACH. I see other types that you can get 3 spindles,belts, pulleys,blades all in a kit for $200 delivered.I removed the deck this morning. The blade end of the drive spindle is loose as a goose. Pretty sure that's the reason for the belt popping off all the time.