HELP PLEASE FROZEN MOTOR!

keakar

Threads
but with all i have said above, as a final confirmation of whats happening inside the engine, i would still pull the plug and stick a screwdriver in the hole to feel the top of the piston and then turn the blade and see if the piston moves, if the piston does go up and down or in and out when turning the blade then the crank shouldnt be broken, yet im still at a loss to help you find out whats going on with it. i have never had one with a flywheel brake to know how to disable the brake to turn the flywheel

chowchow

Threads
No its a 4 stroke engine, i think what im going to have to do is one of slomos suggestions im looking at at 165 dollar 7hp briggs engine on amazon to slap onto it, thats the best and easiest fix imo. I looked at these cheap made lawn mowers from 200 to 400 bucks and alot are just crap very cheaply made. This way i get to keep my old mower and put on a decent engine. Thanks guys for ALL your help its much appreciated.

chowchow

Threads
but with all i have said above, as a final confirmation of whats happening inside the engine, i would still pull the plug and stick a screwdriver in the hole to feel the top of the piston and then turn the blade and see if the piston moves, if the piston does go up and down or in and out when turning the blade then the crank shouldnt be broken, yet im still at a loss to help you find out whats going on with it. i have never had one with a flywheel brake to know how to disable the brake to turn the flywheel
I just went downstairs and tried what you said with the screwdriver in the plug hole and nothing happened didnt move and the blade spins very, very freely in both directions. I didnt see the screwdriver move at all and it was hard getting it in there because the piston was blocking it i think. I'm trying to get the bolts off the cover to get to my recoiler i just bought,but my friend stripped one of the bolts yesterday are there ANY suggestions on how to remove a 5/16 bolt thats stripped?(i borrowed my friends tools) the other 2 i got out fine but the last one near the gas tank keeps spinning and im sure its stripped i want to try and take off my recoiler so when i get rid of this engine i can keep the new recoiler and any other parts i can strip off it for parts.Would a picture help at this point? If so i can upload one to the chat.

chowchow

Threads
Well there's always hiring a lawn crew. You have no tools to fix anything. Sounds like you are in a tight spot.

slomo
Yea im screwed (no pun intended) i borrowed my friends tools for now and im trying some other stuff but i think im just going to put on a new $165 briggs motor i saw on amazon. Best bet imo.Do you know how to remove a stripped bolt 5/16 that keeps spinning around im trying to get to my new recoiler to take it off for future needs. I've removed the other 2 bolts no problem but the last one im sure is stripped near the gas tank. I gotta get this off so i can take my flathead screwdriver and pop those rivits off my recoiler.

chowchow

Threads
I had a thought dont think this has any relevance but a few days ago after i had used the mower to cut the lawn for the last time i turned it on its side cleaned under it and i put on a new blade then i sprayed penetrating oil under it and all around the belt drive (its a self propelled mower) do you think this could have had any factor into what happened? I dont know im just trying to make sense of this whole thing. Also do you think if i get a new 7hp engine to replace the old one that, thats the best bet or just get a cheap new one and deal with that. Because im sure if i put a new engine on a 21 year old mower that many more things will go wrong,whats your opinions?

chowchow

Threads
I'm looking to put this motor> Briggs & Stratton Vertical Engine 7.25 TP 25 mm x 3-5/32" 128M02-0007 onto my toro #20043 model mower would these two be compatible? I tried looking myself but im lost lol. P.S. sorry about the huge letters it just happened.Also would the shaft be the same size so i dont have to change the new blade i just installed?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
According to small engine warehouse, that engine will work on the toro.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just went downstairs and tried what you said with the screwdriver in the plug hole and nothing happened didnt move and the blade spins very, very freely in both directions. I didnt see the screwdriver move at all and it was hard getting it in there because the piston was blocking it i think. I'm trying to get the bolts off the cover to get to my recoiler i just bought,but my friend stripped one of the bolts yesterday are there ANY suggestions on how to remove a 5/16 bolt thats stripped?(i borrowed my friends tools) the other 2 i got out fine but the last one near the gas tank keeps spinning and im sure its stripped i want to try and take off my recoiler so when i get rid of this engine i can keep the new recoiler and any other parts i can strip off it for parts.Would a picture help at this point? If so i can upload one to the chat.
Those parts you are trying to save will only fit THAT style of engine. Unless you are a collector of used parts??

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm looking to put this motor> Briggs & Stratton Vertical Engine 7.25 TP 25 mm x 3-5/32" 128M02-0007 onto my toro #20043 model mower would these two be compatible? I tried looking myself but im lost lol. P.S. sorry about the huge letters it just happened.Also would the shaft be the same size so i dont have to change the new blade i just installed?
Make sure the crankshaft sizes match up for any pulleys to bolt on. Sounds like Scrubcadet10 checked it out for you. (y)

slomo

chowchow

Threads
Those parts you are trying to save will only fit THAT style of engine. Unless you are a collector of used parts??

slomo
I can put them on ebay slomo can you tell me how to remove a stripped bolt that wants to be stubborn lol? Also do you think i should go the new engine on old mower route or buy a new cheap piece o crap and see how that works out? Because things can go wrong with a 21 year old mower even if it has a new engine right?