HELP PLEASE FROZEN MOTOR!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can put them on ebay slomo can you tell me how to remove a stripped bolt that wants to be stubborn lol? Also do you think i should go the new engine on old mower route or buy a new cheap piece o crap and see how that works out? Because things can go wrong with a 21 year old mower even if it has a new engine right?
Repowering that mower would be a good start. Getting bolts out is tricky if you are trying to save the threads on the piece the bolt goes in. You need to drill out the broken bolt. Maybe use an easy-out also. The smaller the bolt the harder it is.

slomo

chowchow

Threads
No not trying to save the thread on it just want it out and i dont have a drill lol i know big surprise. So do you think its wise to buy a $170 motor and put on a 21 year old mower with a 21 year old transmission?
Repowering that mower would be a good start. Getting bolts out is tricky if you are trying to save the threads on the piece the bolt goes in. You need to drill out the broken bolt. Maybe use an easy-out also. The smaller the bolt the harder it is.

slomo
No not trying to save the thread on it just want it out and i dont have a drill lol i know big surprise. So do you think its wise to buy a $170 motor and put on a 21 year old mower with a 21 year old transmission? I dont want to put the motor on and in 2 weeks the tranny goes :cry:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
A quick Google search shows toro trans from $50 to$100 new

chowchow

Threads
A quick Google search shows toro trans from $50 to$100 new
If my mowers tranny did go would i still be able to use the mower? Its a self propelled mower so thats the tranny right? It would just turn into a push mower i really dont need self propelled i dont mind pushing a mower and my lawn isnt that large.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Yes, you would *probably* have to remove the tranny, since it may cause extra resistance when pushing. But I'm not sure. Probably regular push mower wheels would bolt right up. But as a lot of people say "we'll cross that bridge when we get to it"

chowchow

Threads
Yes, you would *probably* have to remove the tranny, since it may cause extra resistance when pushing. But I'm not sure. Probably regular push mower wheels would bolt right up. But as a lot of people say "we'll cross that bridge when we get to it"
I think im going to get this 300 dollar push mower i saw at home depot with tax. Its not self propelled but has a rear bag and a honda engine. I really want to keep that old mower but it will cost me 200 right away with engine and labor etc then if something goes wrong its more headaches. I just want to be done with this lol. If i could get a decent motor for it for 100 that would be a different story but with everything i think ill just go the new route even though the new ones are shit, and to get a halfway decent one you have to spend at least 400-500 dollars. But the 300 dollar one i saw is halfway decent and i never had a honda engine but i heard theyre good. In the past i only had techumpsa and briggs engines.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I think im going to get this 300 dollar push mower i saw at home depot with tax. Its not self propelled but has a rear bag and a honda engine. I really want to keep that old mower but it will cost me 200 right away with engine and labor etc then if something goes wrong its more headaches. I just want to be done with this lol. If i could get a decent motor for it for 100 that would be a different story but with everything i think ill just go the new route even though the new ones are shit, and to get a halfway decent one you have to spend at least 400-500 dollars. But the 300 dollar one i saw is halfway decent and i never had a honda engine but i heard theyre good. In the past i only had techumpsa and briggs engines.
Honda GCV /GXVengine?

keakar

Threads
I just went downstairs and tried what you said with the screwdriver in the plug hole and nothing happened didnt move and the blade spins very, very freely in both directions. I didnt see the screwdriver move at all and it was hard getting it in there because the piston was blocking it i think. I'm trying to get the bolts off the cover to get to my recoiler i just bought,but my friend stripped one of the bolts yesterday are there ANY suggestions on how to remove a 5/16 bolt thats stripped?(i borrowed my friends tools) the other 2 i got out fine but the last one near the gas tank keeps spinning and im sure its stripped i want to try and take off my recoiler so when i get rid of this engine i can keep the new recoiler and any other parts i can strip off it for parts.Would a picture help at this point? If so i can upload one to the chat.
if the blade turns and pistons didnt move then no sense wasting time on it the crank and/or piston rod is broken

its cheaper to buy another used and/or new mower then try to fix a broken engine, its just simple math

chowchow

Threads
if the blade turns and pistons didnt move then no sense wasting time on it the crank and/or piston rod is broken

its cheaper to buy another used and/or new mower then try to fix a broken engine, its just simple math
Ok thanks man.