Threads

Attachments

• PICT0002 (Small).JPG
    PICT0002 (Small).JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 79

mullins87

Threads
The PTO is for the tiller....did some plowing and tilling today

I would sooo love to have a PTO tiller. I tilled our garden this afternoon as well, at least I have an old Troy Bilt.

mullins87

Threads
The plan is a "scaled down" replica of a John Deere model 101 tractor. ~~ grnspot

Okay, I'm gonna show my ignorance here.....what's a 101? I'm sure I've seen one somewhere, but I can't recall one right now.

grnspot110

Threads
Okay, I'm gonna show my ignorance here.....what's a 101? I'm sure I've seen one somewhere, but I can't recall one right now.

Not ignorance, they were never put into production! They were an early design to be used mostly as a cultivator tractor. Other models won out over the 101, the "M" & "L" series. Two are known to still exist, one is owned by John Deere Co. The other, last I knew was in Ohio (if I remember right). ~~ grnspot

Attachments

• JD 101 Tractor.jpg
    JD 101 Tractor.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 78

rer

Threads
The real R.E.R very cool old deer:thumbsup:

mullins87

Threads
Not ignorance, they were never put into production! They were an early design to be used mostly as a cultivator tractor. Other models won out over the 101, the "M" & "L" series. Two are known to still exist, one is owned by John Deere Co. The other, last I knew was in Ohio (if I remember right). ~~ grnspot

Okay, I feel better now. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Sorry "rer", but I'm not a fan of rear engines riders...or tractors for that matter. However, as a dedicated cultivator tractor, that 101 looks perfect. That thing doesn't look too hard to build, the sheet metal around the engine would be the hardest part for me.

Man, you guys inspire me too much. My wife rolls her eyes every time I start talking about my next build.

grnspot110

Threads
Okay, I feel better now. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Sorry "rer", but I'm not a fan of rear engines riders...or tractors for that matter. However, as a dedicated cultivator tractor, that 101 looks perfect. That thing doesn't look too hard to build, the sheet metal around the engine would be the hardest part for me.

Man, you guys inspire me too much. My wife rolls her eyes every time I start talking about my next build.

Me too , on the sheet metal!

There was an article about them in Antique Power magazine some years ago, I have that issue. Also an article in Two-Cylinder magazine on the restoration of the one JD owns, which I have. The JD one was restored, but left in it's "rusty" look, as an older tractor would look. The pictures I have show some different "test" versions, so I have some leeway on the build.

If I get it built, I might even make a mounted cultivator for it. :biggrin: ~~ grnspot