Has anyone built his own mower?

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
I sure haven't and I'm not too sure I have the skills to do something like that. Call me crazy, but I prefer to buy one so I know it's working properly lol.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
grnspot110,

AMAZING! Great job! Hey! You get your mowers like I do - out of the weeds! (or before they go to the dump)

Wish I had more "after" pics, rather than just "before", and "......in progress" (probably means I need to finish something) :laughing:

That 317 turned out really nice.......nice touches throughout.

grnspot110

Threads
grnspot110,

AMAZING! Great job! Hey! You get your mowers like I do - out of the weeds! (or before they go to the dump)

Wish I had more "after" pics, rather than just "before", and "......in progress" (probably means I need to finish something) :laughing:

That 317 turned out really nice.......nice touches throughout.

Thanks!

The little 60 I bought to restore, by the time I got to it (two years later), there were no new engines available. So I decided to customize it!

The 317 was built to pull a parade unit, Line of tractors, carts, etc. I paid $40 for the "rolling chassis", $200 for a salvaged 18 HP Kohler Command from a Miller welder. From there on, I was afraid to keep track of the expense! :eek: ~~ grnspot

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks!

....From there on, I was afraid to keep track of the expense! :eek: ~~ grnspot

I hear THAT....LOL :laughing:

Too bad about the 60 - I mighta tried a restomod. With my Simplicity, it's simmilar. Not gonna find that 7horse. But, I have all the old pieces (fan shroud/air filter, and everything else), and will put all the old stuff on a newer, slightly larger engine. I'll keep ya posted on how it turns out.

This spring, I'm gonna work on finishing my started projects. After that's done, I'm gonna tackle the Broadmoor.

Next year I'll tackle the RX75, and whatever I aquire this year :wink:

grnspot110

Threads
I need to find a RER for a winter project I have in mind, would prefer JD, but anything with a good engine would work. ~~ grnspot

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I need to find a RER for a winter project I have in mind, would prefer JD, but anything with a good engine would work. ~~ grnspot

I'm kinda the resident 'rer guy' here. :laughing: Should I be cringing?

bret

Threads
Does it count if you have taken 3 and made 1 that runs by modifying the parts? That is about as good as I get, I am not sure I could build it from complete scratch.

rer

Threads
I have noticed a problem through trial and error. my flywheel rubs on the chain box when i try to shift to reverse. So I Might have to take some picures of drilling a hole. I will say thank you for all the great comments. When my 5hp blows up I will try to attach a 50cc 2 stroke, I think it will push it. I guess it will be the real test of snapper gearing.

mullins87

Threads
I just finished off my winter project, it is an offset mower that I built to pull behind the lawn tractor. The engine, deck, gas tank and rear tires came off an old Snapper LT16 lawn tractor I have. The front casters came off a Toro fairway mower that I found at a local salvage yard. Everything else was built from scratch. Once I get a new belt, it will be ready to go. I can't wait to try it out.

0032.JPG

0043.JPG

0053.JPG

0061.JPG

0072.JPG