Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

GGOSSLER

Threads
  • / Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
Kenny:

Thanks for the reminder, I read the owners manual cover to cover, and my dealer was great
on the explanation and operation of the unit when I picked it up. That is the very first thing
I did, get under the back of the unit, and pull the release leavers on the drives

Thanks again, can't wait until the weekend so I can Use it again.

dmleonard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Another Newbie here.... just bought a barely used (only 40 hours) ZT HD60 and Wowwwwww !!!!
Had a Cub Cadet 42 inch that finally quit on me, and after trying this thing out, I'm kinda glad it quit. :laughing: Now I have a place that can help me keep this new bad boy in top running shape. I'm looking forward to reading the other posts. Thanks for letting me in and I'll see you later.......

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

You will have to tell us about your new mower + post some pictures... :smile:KennyV

Greyhound

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all, I'm new to the forum but made a post for help before I introduced myself. Sorry about that. My machine is a new Gravely ZT XL48. I look forward to gaining a lot of information from this forum and contributing when I can.

mijjy

Threads
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hello,

Jim here in Florida, I own an Ariens rear engine rider, model 927069. I've used it on my small 1/4 acre lot for the last 6 years. Mice got into the wires winter before last & did some damage to the wiring harness, so things aren't working like they're supposed to. Maybe I can get some pointers on what to do to get things working right again.

mijjy

Threads
Howdy All,
I don't know how you feel, but I think they sure do make the wiring harness for lawn mowers complicated. To make things worse the mice like to get in my ariens rear engine rider there with all the wiring and make a nest, if they get hungary they styart chewing on the wire insulation. I fixed it once, but now I'm having trouble with the engine not starting right off if the mower sits for about 2 weeks, when I turn the ignition the solenoid just clicks, sometimes it will catch and start. I wonder if the charging system is working? Next time I get it started I'll check to see what battery voltage is when running, I'll have to disconnect the seat safety switch and jumper the wires to do that.

Next thing is the pto clutch is working on and off, humid weather seems to be a factor. Guess I'll have to dismantle more of the mower and do a better job at inspecting the wiring and make necessary repairs. I was told by one dealer that the clutch was bad, but I disconnected the wiring down there yesterday and connected a 15 vdc 1 amp tranformer and it locked up the blade right now with a definite click, I wasn't able to spin the blade by hand until I disconnected the transformer. I guess the dealer just took my word for it that maybe the clutch was bad, so all he did even after I took the mower in to him, was to price out a new clutch and advise me that due to the high price I might consider not replacing the clutch. After I got home and a couple of days later, I started it up just for kicks, wouldn't you know the blades engaged and I mowed a small area in the back yard. Next morning I started it, check blade engagement okay. moved mower to front yard, decide to put air in tires and grease the front wheel and axle, I had to jack up front end and take wheels off and grease by hand. When I put mower back down I figured I'm ready to mow front yard, the mower would start but blades wouldn't engage again.

My Ariens is model 927069 rear engine rider, 14.5 hp 32". I have found the wiring diagrams and wonder why all this for a lawn mower, anyway all I know so far is that something isn't right, I read some where that problems like this can be rectified by simply charging the battery, so that's what I'm doing now. I also read that some relays are touchy and give the on again off again problems, How do I check the relays? Can I check the diodes too?

Jim

sdb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone,
My name is Scott and like some of you I am very new to forums. I currently own a craftsman l1000 but have been advised to go to commercial grade Zero Turn. I posted a new thread for advice between the Pro 260 and the 160 before I saw this. Sorry for doing things out of order. If anyone could check out my situation with the specific Pro's I am looking at and give me their opinion. I would truly appreciate it. I look forward to your input.

antelopehunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to Ariens forum
Have an Ariens Mini-Zoom 1534 that I purchased new 6 years ago. Good mower that I have taken good care of and kept serviced. Ran great the last time I mowed but when I tried to start it Friday it would not turn over..has good battery charge but I think the key switch may be the problem..initially key would turn
but now key goes in and appears locked and won't turn. When I had key turned on and follow the positive battery cable back and uncover the posts by starter and touch with screwdriver I have spark or arc. Any help appreciated. Thank you.
antelopehunter

Threads
Gravely 44Z here... bought it used a month ago...

loving it !!!

browns-lawn-service-albums-browns-lawn-service-gear-picture8301-gravely-44z.jpg